Forced freedom

Lyrics written by Howard Ashman and Alen Menkin.

With that, I shoved the two girls out the door and locked it behind me. The lyrics to the song from Disney's live action version of Beauty and the Beast's forevermore ringing in my head. I sigh several of the lyrics were true. "I was the master of my fate. I never needed anybody in my life. I learned the truth too late. I'll never shake away the pain. I close my eyes but they are still there. I let them steal into my melancholy heart it's more then I can bare."

"Now I know they will never leave me even as they run away. They will torment me, calm me, hurt me, move me, come what may. Wasting in my lonely tower, waiting by an open door. I'll fool myself they will walk right in and be with me forever more."

"I rage against the trials of love. I curse the fading of the light. Though they've already flown so far beyond my reach they are never out of sight. Now I know they will never leave me even as they fade from view. They will still inspire me, be a part of everything I do. Wasting in my lonely tower, waiting by an open door. I'll fool myself they'll walk right in and as the long long nights begin, I'll think of all that might have been, waiting here for forevermore."

"Jerome please.... Don't do this to us. Come away with Bella and I. Forget this plan to turn the city mad. We can live happily together away from all this pain and devastation. Why must Bella and I suffer for your stubbornness and pride?"

"It's better this way Quinn. You were fine before I came back and you'll be fine once I'm gone. Just promise me you'll watch over Bella."

"Jerome please don't do this."Bella begged. "Please let us back inside. I want to stay with you. I don't care that you hypnotized me. Uncle Zachary forced me to behave like a toddler so he could pick up women and he'd beat me when things didn't work out. What you did you did out of love. I could never hate you for that. Please, I'm begging you, please don't turn your back on me. Your the only family I have left..."

I groaned when I heard the desperation in her voice. Why must I always hurt the ones I love? When her pleas remained unanswered Bella frowned and her voice went from pleading to angry. "You can't do this to me Jerome! You promised you'd never let anyone hurt me yet, here you are, breaking that promise. By doing this, by tossing us away, you are hurting me."

I sigh and groan in frustration she had a point. Yet, I couldn't let her stay. I'd only wind up hurting her even more. My plans to draw Jeremiah out into the open involve using her as live bait. I couldn't do that to her. No this was for the best, I must remain strong I must not give in and let them return. "Leave! Now while you still can!"

"Why are you doing this Jerome? We finally admit our feelings for each other and now your pushing me away. Why? Do you want hurt me?" I demanded.

"No." Jerome replies.

"Then open the damn door!" I say angrily.

"I can't Quinn. I know you don't understand and I know this is hurting you, but this has to be done. If you were to remain here I'd only wind up breaking your heart. Please take Bella and go! This is the only way that I can keep the two of you safe!"

"Well maybe We don't want to be kept safe. Maybe we want to stay with you. Have you ever considered that we might have our own reasons for wanting to stay? Because we do you know. Have our reasons..."

"What your reasons are don't matter, all that matter is keeping you safe. The best way to do that is for you to stay away from me."

"Jerome please, don't do this. Bella need you. Your the only family she has..."

"She has you."

"It's not the same. She needs her big brother and I need you too. I may not have wanted to admit it, but I love you Jerome. Why can't you understand that?"

"Trust me Quinn, You don't love me. You just have stalkholm syndrome."

"Jerome don't you dare tell me how I feel. So what if I am developing Stockholm syndrome, that doesn't mean that my love for you isn't real. I want to stay with you. Let the three of us stay together. Please it's all I've ever wanted. Jerome I want you to Kiss me fiercely. I need help believing that your with me tonight. In my wildest dreamings could not foresee lying beside you with you wanting me. Just for this moment as long as your mine, I've lost all resistance and crossed some borderline. Ohhh, and if it turns out it's over too fast, I'll make every last moment last as long as your mine."