Unexpected Reunion with a friend from the past.

Warning ⚠️ this chapter entails murder and mentions alcoholic drinks.

Jerome POV
I smiled knowing that I had won. "Come along Desdemona, it's time we were leaving."

"Me am not going with you me is happy hewe wifth me daddy." Desdemona replies.

"He isn't your father Desdemona. You mean nothing to him. I know for a fact, that he was planning on bringing you to an auction house, where you would be sold to a rich family. Isn't that right Unk?" I replied calmly.

Desdemona POV

I noticed something unusual. Daddy didn't respond to Jerome's question. He didn't deny the accusation and He didn't seem upset by the accusation either. "He's lying isn't he Daddy? You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" 

Daddy didn't answer me and I frowned. "If you don't believe me then go ahead and check your daddy' office. The paperwork is there in a vanilla envelope along with five thousand dollars." Jerome replied.

"Don't even think about it young lady. You know what's on my desk is off limits. But go ahead, break the rules. You won't like the consequences." Daddy warned his gaze daring me to disobey.

"Me twust daddy. Him nu do somefthing wike this to me. Me his baby and him lobes me. Wight daddy?" Desdemona asks looking up at our Uncle who did not respond.

At this, Jerome laughed. "He doesn't consider you his daughter, he never has. Your his property nothing more."

"Dat's not twue."

"Fine, I guess I'll have to do it myself." Jerome replied with a sigh. With that he walked into Daddy's office and grabbed the vanilla envelope off his desk and tossed it at me. "Read it."

"Me can't. Me don't know how..."

"You don't know how to read?" Jerome replies skeptically. I shook my head in response. "Fine. I'll read it." Jerome replies irritatedly. "Dear. Mr. Thorten, we thank you for your cooperation in agreeing to give us your daughter for our adoption auction. Here is a five thousand dollar down payment."

"We expect you to bring Deademona to this address by the end of the week and you'll receive the final twenty thousand." My eyes flashed in anger as Jerome finished reading the letter. I look at my Uncle/daddy  with a look of confusion, anger and pain.

"Don't look at me like that. That letter is none of your concern." Uncle Zachary replies with a frown grabbing it from my hands.

"I think it is. Considering the letter is discussing her. Don't you agree Desdemona?" Jerome asks with a smile.

"Me.... Me don't know." I reply with a whisper looking down at the floor.

"Why must I continually have to remind you that you belong to me? I decide what's best for you. You do not get to question me. Now get back in that office and wait for me. I'll deal with your disobedience, after I've dealt with him." Daddy said nodding towards Jerome.

"You seem to have forgotten Unk that I'm the one holding the gun. Tell me what I want to know or I'll shoot her." I said point the gun to my sister's head.

"Alright, I'll tell you. The name of the school was St. Ignatius. Like I said, I didn't keep tabs on your brother, so I have no idea what became of him. Now let her go."

"Naw.  Desdemona comes with me or I wont hesitate to shoot you. No wait, that's no fun, I know, my sister comes with me and I shoot you anyway. Yeah, let's go with that one." I reply with a smile pulling my sister to my side. "What do you think Sis?"

I  glared angrily at my Uncle/daddy then back at Jerome and then back to our Uncle/my daddy. "You were going to sell me to strangers?"

"That doesn't concern you."