Chapter 22

Author's Perspective

Jungkook's mother was taken back to their house. The ravenette was sitting beside his mother who was lying on the bed and was asleep after spending the whole night in a medical examination room.

Jungkook softly stroked her hand while holding it. His phone buzzed, alerting him about the text by his father who was in the city now.

Jungkook smiled widely as he saw his Father's text. He went outside of the room and sat on the couch in the drawing room carefully checking if his mother was awake or not. Fortunately she was asleep.

He heard the knocks on the door and he rushed out to find his father with bodyguards besides him. His father  signed the bodyguards to stay outside of the house.

The ravenette's lips formed a wide smile as he found his father standing in front of him and he jumped on him to hug him. The tears rushed down from his eyes and his father softly patted his back.

"A-appa help me"

"What happened Jungkookie? I'm here now. Tell me everything" 

The ravenette pulled his father to sit with him on the couch. He took a long breath and explained the whole situation to him. His sobs and hiccups made his father show some pity on his son and he wiped his tears away.

"P-please appa, h-help me, I will do e-everything that you'll ask me to do"

"Ahh, my son. I can't tolerate your tears."

"Dad, please help me" Jungkook looked at his father with sparkles in his eyes which could melt anyone's heart so just think what would they do to his own father.

"I can never say you no. Your mother has always been rude to me but she is your mother and I will definitely help her if you want but"

"B-but what dad?" Jungkook asked desperately wiping his tears.

"But you have to be a good son and listen to your dad"

"W-what?" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.

"Come and join the company, all money and the property is yours. You can spend millions on your mother. I will be older soon and I won't keep this company on my shoulders anymore. It's you who have to keep this company on top and running. Join the company and my money is your money"

"D-dad? W-why? I told you I..."

"It's not like you have a choice. Chose your mother or your life here as a normal boy"

"Dad please don't, I, I am still a student"

"It doesn't matter because one day you'll have to run the company. It's your choice. Your mother or your normal life. You can never earn enough to afford her medications so better do what I say. My company is yours my son. You just have to accept it."

His father patted his back and looked at him to know his answer. Jungkook's mind flooded with thoughts. He burst out into his hands because he couldn't choose anything over his mother.

"Tell me Jungkook" his father asked and the ravenette raised his head above to look at his father. He couldn't let his mother go away. He stood up and nodded as an agreement.

"I am glad you agreed dear, you have a whole day to meet your friends for the last time. We'll leave in the night"

"B-but w-where?"

"Hong Kong" 

His father sat on the couch and called his assistant to book the tickets.