3

After the ceremony was over everyone from Dauntless burst through the doors running outside towards the city. The Dauntless-born stopped at the tracks and started climbing up the metal rungs.

Kate and I looked at each other and then did the same. Climbing was always something we had loved to do.

When we were up on the platform with all the others we saw a train arriving but it wasn't going to stop.

The others started running ahead and we followed. I knew what was about to happen, they were going to jump on the train. I had often seen it while going to school.

No wonder most people thought of Dauntless as crazy but I had never felt so alive. The train was right next to us and the people at the front started to jump on it and open the doors.

Kate and I were next in line so it was our turn to jump. Both of us were fast runners so we didn't struggle to keep up with the train.

The only thing I was a bit scared of was jumping onto the train.

Kate was in front of me and was the first one to jump she didn't seem to have a problem with it and helped me to get in a few seconds later. I swung myself into the train car and sat against the wall breathlessly.

"That was the coolest thing I've ever done." Kate said out of breath and I nodded.

"Do you guys need some help?" A guy dressed in black stood in front of us and reached his hands out to us. He helped us getting up and we introduced ourselves.

"I'm Liam." He grinned.

He was tall, had long black hair and dark skin. His body was muscular and toned, probably because he had been training at Dauntless all his life.

If all of Dauntless guys are this hot I can't wait to become a member.

We talked to Liam for a bit until his friends called him over. "See ya around." He winked at us and left.

"God he was hot!" Kate whisper yelled at me and I nodded in agreement.

For the rest of the train ride we sat next to a boy and a girl from Amity.

"Hi, I'm Alex and this is Erin." The boy said smiling.

He was even taller than Liam and had blonde short hair. His hazel eyes looked kind and trustworthy and I felt like we were going to be good friends.

The girl was about my height and had long brown hair and freckles all over her face. I noticed the same amity-kindness in her features as in Alex's.

"I'm Kate and this is Eliza."

Erin was about to say something when a tough looking Dauntless lady shouted "Get ready!"

"Ready for what?" Erin asked confused.

I got up and looked out of the window. A few moments later I saw the people at the front of the train jumping out onto a flat roof top. There was a two metres long gap between the track and the building.

Shit.

I turned back to the others. "They're jumping!"

"What?!" All of them said in unison.

They joined me at the window and I could see the fear in their eyes.

"Are they trying to kill us? I'm afraid of heights." Alex looked scared.

"Don't worry we can jump together." I offered and he nodded.

When it was our turn we got to the back of the wall so we had enough space to run.

I looked at Alex reassuringly. "We can do this!" He nodded and then we counted to 3 and jumped.

Even though we were only in the air for a few seconds it felt like minutes. I closed my eyes and for a brief moment it felt like I was all alone, flying over the city.

The wind was brushing through my hair and the sun was shining on my face.

This is what freedom feels like.

I exhaled deeply and as soon as I opened my eyes again time was back to normal.

The landing was rough and we rolled onto the gravel of the rooftop trying to get a hold of ourselves.

"We did it!"

Soon after, Erin and Kate joined us.

"That kinda hurt but it was totally worth it." Kate said with a big smile on her face.

"I felt like flying." I smiled.

"So did your hair it seems."

I gave her a confused look and they all started laughing. I realized that I had lost my hair tie and my hair was all over the place now.

So I just stood up and bent over to shake them a few times. When I got up again they looked kinda normal again just with a lot of extra volume.

"This suits you." Kate said while we walked towards the other Dauntless.

"You look like a sexy rebel." She joked and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Alright, listen up!"

Everyone got quiet when a young man, who seemed to be a few years older than us, started talking. He stood on a little wall at the edge of the building looking down on everyone else.

"I'm Eric. I'm one of your leaders. If you want to enter Dauntless, this is the way in. And if you don't have the guts to jump, then you don't belong in Dauntless."

Damn, he does not look like someone you want to mess with.

He was intimidating, his voice was deep and stern.

Eric was tall and had light brown hair with not a single strain out of place. His muscular neck and arms were covered in tattoos and he had two piercings above his left eyebrow. He had cold eyes that made him all the more menacing, scabbed-over knuckles, and a wicked smile.

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" Someone in the crowd asked.

"I guess you'll find out. Or not." Eric replied smiling wickedly.

"Someone's gotta go first. Who's it gonna be?"

It was quiet for a while and no one was going to say something. Obviously I didn't want this prick to think we were all scared of him so I spoke up.

"Me."

Everyone turned to look at me. Kate just laughed because she had already expected me to do that.

"I'll go next!" She whispered and I nodded.

The crowd parted for me and I walked towards the front. Eric looked me up and down and for a split second I thought I saw his expression change into something I couldn't define.

Maybe because he saw the way I was dressed.

Did he transfer from Erudite as well?

"Go on then." Eric made room for me and I climbed on top of the edge.

He really thought he could intimidate me. That's cute.

I turned around so I was facing the other transfers and looked him dead in the eye.

I am not scared of you.

"Did you change your mind already, initiate?" He chuckled.

<<<<>>>>

Hey Guys, I hope you liked this chapter. Leave me vote or tell me what you think if you enjoyed reading it :)

Thank you for reading my story <3