5

Training started off with Four taking us for a run around the compound.

We encountered some factionless and I felt really sorry for them.

They didn't have anything and got rejected by our society just because they didn't fit into the system. That's just wrong.

The run ended in the training room and Four told us that we would start with basic fitness training and then learn how to throw knives after lunch.

. . .

3 hours later our bodies were aching and everyone was exhausted from all the push ups and running laps.

"Kill me." I groaned pushing my body off the ground.

"Let's go get something to eat." Kate said out of breath and we all nodded.

We put some food on our trays and looked around for a place to sit. Scanning the crowd I saw a familiar face waving at me.

"Hey guys, over there." I said and walked towards a smiling Liam.

"Good to see you again." He greeted us and we sat down at his table.

"This is Alex and this is Erin." I introduced the two Amity next to me.

"Nice to meet you."

"Who are all these beautiful ladies here and why have I never seen them before?" A Dauntless boy sitting next to Liam said.

"Because they just transferred to Dauntless." Liam explained. "Guys, this is Noah."

Noah was huge, he had viking-gold hair and a cosmic smile. His voice was deep but gentle. I could see a lot of girls falling for him.

"Hi, I'm Eliza." I smiled at him and the others introduced themselves as well. I noticed Kate blushing when Noah took her hand and placed a kiss on it.

You go, girl!

"So how do you guys like it here so far?" Liam asked.

"I love it. Everything here is so exciting." Kate said happily and we agreed.

"It's really fun but also exhausting."

"Just wait until training really starts." Noah laughed.

"Yeah. It'll get really tough. You won't think it's fun when all the bruises start to appear on your skin." Liam added.

"Bruises?" Erin looked worried.

"Yep. You'll have to beat each other up." He replied grinning like a little boy

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "That won't be fun..."

"Change of subject, please."

"Alex is right. Let's concentrate on the good parts. Have you guys seen the tattoo parlor yet?" Liam asked and we shook our heads no.

"We've only been here for one day." I reminded him.

"We could go there after training tomorrow. Then y'all can get something sick like this." Noah said smirking while showing off the tribal tattoo on his arm.

"Sure thing! Let's meet there at 6?" Kate smiled and we all agreed.

. . .

After lunch we had some more training. This time it was knife throwing.

Everyone lined up in the training room and stood in front of the aims. Four demonstrated how to throw the knife correctly and we all tried to follow his actions.