6

*thud*

The knife hit the wall next to my hips and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding but I did not flinch.

He threw another one and it stuck in the target just above my head. I gave him death glares the whole time and just hoped it would be over soon.

He threw the last knife with all his strength and it landed right beside my face cutting my cheek slightly.

I inhaled sharply. Bastard.

I knew he did that on purpose but again I didn't flinch.

"Points for bravery. But not as many as you lost for opening your mouth. Now watch yourself."

I walked back over to Kate and she put her hand on my cheek. "My god you're bleeding!"

"Don't worry. I'm fine." I assured.

"You're officially crazy." Alex said his eyes wide and Erin nodded in agreement.

"I just don't like it when people are treated unfairly." I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"I know what you mean but still, you should be more careful." Kate was worried.

Eric spoke up again. "We train soldiers, not rebels." He looked at me. "Now leave!"

. . .

The next day we piled back into the training room after having lunch and waited for the announcement, Four had told us about earlier.

"Listen up." He turned on a big glass board and our names showed up in blue lighting.

"Know what this board is? It's your life. We grade you every day. If you're still in the red by the end of the first stage, you're out."

I scanned the board as quickly as I could, looking for mine and my friend's names. I was scared that my rank was underneath the red line because I stood up for Jacob yesterday.

1. Liam

2. Erin

3. Noah

7. Alex

9. Kate

11. Eliza

Luckily it wasn't.

All in all there were 30 initiates and only the last 5 names were written in red.

I was glad to see that all my friends were doing well but I could also hear scared voices whisper around me, some of them sounding very concerned. They must be below the red line.

I felt really sorry for them but I was happy me and the others did not have to worry about becoming factionless.

"We're done for today. Get out." He added and everyone left, me and my friends being the last ones to walk out of the room.

Before we could leave I heard heavy footsteps following us, so we turned around to find an angry looking Eric in front of us. 

"You three leave." He said pointing at my friends and they left the room as quickly as possible.

Great friends I got there. 

Eric towered over me and crossed his muscular arms in front of his chest. That gave me a chance to observe him more closely.

There was no denying that he was handsome. His sleeked back hair, strong jaw and deep blue eyes that seemed to make every girl melt right under his stare. Not to mention the fact that he always walked around like he owned the place.