10

"A bet?"

"Yes, we throw knives. If you miss, I win and you have to do the rest of my work."

He laughed. "You've just seen me throwing the knives right? I hit the bulls eye every time."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright, initiate. But if you miss, I win and your punishment will go on for another week." He smirked.

Seems like he's really sure he's gonna win.

"Okay, deal. And if I win you will also start calling me by my name instead of initiate." I said and he nodded.

"Each of us will get to throw once."

"Ladies first." He handed me a knife.

I turned around and walked over to stand across the aim.

I took a deep breath and concentrated on the body shaped target in front of me.

I just have to hit it.

I exhaled and threw the knife. Thud.

I hit the head of the target, not in the middle but close to it. I smiled, that's all I needed.

He walked over to me smirking. "If I hit the bulls eye, I win."

"If." I emphasized and he laughed at me.

He's so sure he will win.

Just wait for it Eric.

He put his arm up above his head and was about to throw the knife when I took a few steps forward, so that I stood directly behind him, tracing my fingers down his neck in the second he threw the knife.

"I like your tattoo too." I breathed and went back to where I had stood before.

He spun around and looked at me angrily as we heard the knife fall to the ground.

He missed.

I saw his jaw clenching and bit my lower lip to hide a laugh. That was probably the first time in his life that he missed.

"That's cheating." He spoke with a low voice and slowly walked up to me.

"I don't remember any rules prohibiting that. I won." I smiled sweetly.

"Fine." His face relaxed.

"Well played, Eliza." He smiled, emphasizing the last part.

"Thanks." I smirked and turned around to leave since he would finish the rest of my work now.

. . .

Liam and Noah had told us to meet up with them in the Pit earlier because they wanted to show us something.

"So what did you guys wanna do?" Kate asked as we got there.

Alex and Erin wanted to spend some alone time together so it was just the four of us.

"You'll find out soon enough," Noah replied while turning around to exit the room.

They led us upon a rooftop that had the most beautiful view I had ever seen. It was about 15 floors high and you could look all over the city right up to the fence.

"Wow." I breathed.

At the other side of the roof were a few armchairs and couches arranged in a circle, surrounded by fairy lights which were hung up on a railing.

"This place is amazing." Kate agreed. "Did you guys do this?"

"Yeah. We discovered it a while ago and realized that no one else ever comes up here, so we made it into our little chill area." Liam explained.

We all sat down and the guys handed us some drinks.

"You're allowed to drink at Dauntless?" I wondered and they nodded their heads yes.

"At Erudite the legal drinking age is 18." Kate stated. "Here it's 16." Noah grinned.

"But only for beer and wine." Liam added.

"Cheers." We all said in unison clinking our bottles together.

"God. I'm so glad this week is over and we get a day off tomorrow." I sighed.

"Me too. I urgently need a break, everything hurts." Kate agreed. "You guys are so lucky, you're used to all of this already."

"Well, yeah. But it's still exhausting for us as well. Do you already have plans for tomorrow?" Noah asked looking at Kate.

"No, we don't know what to do yet."

"Maybe we could get some more tattoos or piercings?" I suggested and everyone liked the idea.

...

Later Liam and I stood at the railing looking down at the city while Kate and Noah were still on one of the sofas, sitting very close to each other.

"We should probably give them some alone time." I whispered looking at them over my shoulder and Liam nodded in agreement.

We sneaked back to the staircase without the others even realizing that we were leaving.

"So what now?" I asked Liam as we strolled through the hallways of Dauntless.

"Let's go to the Chasm." I raised my eyebrows at him. "What's the Chasm?"

"You'll see." He grinned.

We got there about 5 minutes later. The Chasm was a ravine filled with rapidly running water and sharp rocks. It was located on the right side of the Pit in Dauntless headquarters.

"This is beautiful," I said. "But it also looks very dangerous. What is this place?"

"It is, you have to be careful. The Chasm reminds us that there's a fine line between bravery and idiocy. A daredevil jump off this ledge will end your life."

"Damn. That's depressing."

"I still like to come here. It's quiet, a good place to think."

I could see what he meant, it was kind of peaceful.

"We should probably head back though, it's getting late," Liam said after a while.

"Alright, but I can't walk anymore my legs hurt way too much."

He turned around so that his back was facing me. "Well, jump on then, I'll carry you."

"You're the best." I laughed and got on his back.

"I know."

We ran down the hallways joking and fooling around which made Liam tumble a bit so that he almost bumped into someone as we walked around a corner.

Luckily he noticed in time and abruptly came to a halt.

I looked up at the person in front of us and saw a surprised looking Eric standing there.

He studied us for a second and his face turned dark.

"Initiates, what are you doing here?" He scolded.

Liam instantly let go of me so I could slide off his back and we both stood up straight.

"We were just taking a walk," Liam replied and Eric stared down at him narrowing his eyes.

After a few moments, he looked over at me and back at Liam clenching his jaw.

"Go back to your dorms now, it's late!" He commanded and stormed off.

Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter.

Leave a vote or tell me what you think if you enjoyed reading it :)

Thank you for reading my story <3