11

Chapter 11

Back at our dorm, I run into Kate.

"Hey, where did you guys go?" She greeted me. We sat down on her bed next to each other.

"We just wanted to give you guys some time alone." I winked at her and she blushed lightly.

"Did you kiss?" Her cheeks turned a bright crimson now, while she nodded yes.

"Yess, I knew it!" I whisper yelled happily.

"Shh, you're going to wake the others." She looked around the room and made sure none of the other initiates were awake.

"I know, I know. I'm just so happy for you." I concentrated on keeping a low voice.

We went to sleep shortly after that and I didn't have the chance to tell her about what had happened to me and Liam but I thought I would tell her in the morning.

It was late and we needed to get some rest. Before dozing off to sleep however, I couldn't help but wonder why Eric had been in such a bad mood earlier...

. . .

The next day was scheduled the same as the days last week.

We were woken up by Four bright and early, we had a very fast breakfast, a morning full of training with punching bags, a short break to see our friends at lunch and then we spent the afternoon fighting each other.

We stood around the mat in the training room and watched Jacob and Daniel beat each other's asses up. Both of them were pretty strong and I wasn't sure who of them was going to win.

My gaze wandered over to our trainers watching and rating the fight. Four seemed impressed by how long the guys were up there already and Eric just stood there in his usual pose with his arms crossed in front of his chest, no emotion shown on his face.

I hadn't talked to Eric all day but I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was watching me intensely throughout the day and every time I looked at Eric our eyes met, but his expression remained stone cold so I quickly looked away again every time.

Maybe he had just put on his ruthless Dauntless-leader attitude during training again, so that everyone would respect him or maybe even fear him.

"Damn. These guys are really good." Alex said to us and we agreed.

"And they can really take a lot." Kate added referring to their now bloody faces.

She then stepped a little closer to me. "Did you notice that Eric has been staring at you all day?"

I looked at her perplexed. So I'm not the only one who's noticed it.

"What's that about?"

"I'm not sure. Liam and I met him last night before going back to our dorms and he already seemed pretty pissed off then. We probably made it worse by almost bumping into him...maybe that's why."

I spoke in a low voice.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me about it?" She looked shocked.

"It was late already, I was going to tell you today."

"Eliza! Kate!"

We were brought back into reality when our names were being shouted by a loud, angry-sounding voice. The both of us looked up to see Eric standing in front of us pointing to the mat.

We were so engrossed in our conversation that we hadn't realized that the fight between Jacob and Daniel had finished. Both of them were led out of the room and to the infirmary.

"What are you waiting for get in!" He commanded.

God no. I don't want to fight my best friend.

I looked over at Kate and she seemed to think the same thing, her face looking worried as we made our way up to the mattress.

I hate Eric.

"Begin!"

Of course, both of us were holding back, neither of us wanting to hit or hurt the other. But eventually we had to do it, especially since Eric was ordering us to do so and also because we'd be ranked on that fight.

She lunged at me and kicked me in the ribs which gave me the chance to grab her leg and throw her on the ground. She got back up again and we punched and dodged each other for a while, always avoiding our faces so we wouldn't make the other bleed.

It went on like that until we were out of breath and struggling to stand on our feet, so Four announced we had had enough and let us go.

Thank god.

While walking back to the others I glared at Eric. I knew he made me fight my best friend on purpose.

Asshole.

"Are you okay?" Kate and I asked each other in unison as soon as we got out of the ring, which caused both of us to smile and nod.

"I'm just glad it's over. I don't want to fight you ever again!" I sighed.

"Yeah, me too. That really was terrible."

We went to the infirmary to get checked and they gave us some pain killers and another ointment for the bruises.

"God I know it's still quite early but I just want to lie in bed and stay there until tomorrow."

"Ugh, same." I groaned and we walked back to our room.

We waited for Alex and Erin to come back from training and listened to them telling us about their fights.

"My shoulder hurts so bad," Erin complained. "I hate that jerk."

"Nick?" Kate asked.

"No, Eric. I mean kinda both of them but Eric is the one who decides who's fighting who, so why the fuck did he give me such a strong opponent." She sounded very annoyed.

"Maybe he saw the potential in you?" I suggested.

"Are you justifying him?" Alex rose his eyebrow at me in confusion.

Was I?

"No, no of course not. I was just trying to cheer you up." I said smiling at Erin.

After that, we girls went to take a shower and all got ready for bed afterwards.

"Goodnight, everyone."

I was so tired and exhausted, I instantly fell asleep. Unfortunately, that sleep didn't last very long because we were woken up by a loud bang once again, but this time it was different.

"Ugh, it can't be morning already." I groaned keeping my eyes closed.

"It isn't. It's like 3 o'clock."

"What?! Why is Four waking us up in the middle of the night!?"

"Everyone, listen up!" Fours voice rang throughout the dorm. "We're going on a field trip. Meet me on the tracks in 15 minutes!" Then he was gone.

Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter. Leave a vote or tell me what you think if you enjoyed reading it :)

AN: I'm not really sure if I should continue this story or not...also it's hard to find inspiration and new ideas since I started this story like half a year ago...Anyway, thanks to everyone who has read my story and voted for it <3