three (edited)

after downing a shot of blue confidence liquid (a potion. pretty much just prescribed xanex for witches.), i found myself at a pottery studio filled with at least 20 other people ranging from age 15 to 70.

i'm currently in the dilemma of figuring out where to sit, and halfway through the process my eyes are widening. gemma styles. i follow her on instagram, and i love her brothers music, so it was quite the shock when i saw her in the same room as me.

i quickly rush to the seat beside her and sit down. "hey." she says smiling. the way she was looking at me was.... familiar. it was almost as if she knew i'd be here. (witches intuition)

"hey, i'm beatrice. you can call me bea." i say, reaching out a hand. she had already started making a bowl so her hands were already covered in clay. she smiled awkwardly and held out a messy hand. "don't worry, i don't mind." i say shaking it. "gemma right?" i question.

"you know me?" she asks. "i know your instagram if that counts." i explain. "ah. so you're a fan of harry's then." she observes. "i guess you could say that. he was my favorite member of one direction." i joke.

"so what brings you to a pottery class?" she asks. "do you want the 'it seemed fun' answer or the brutally honest one?" i say sarcastically. "i'll take the latter." she says smiling as i slam my clay onto the wheel. "i'm depressed. well, i don't know if that's the right word. i guess i just need to get out of my head for once."

"bad breakup?" she asks. "i don't remember. and that's the problem. i went to the doctors and they said i probably bumped my head and forgot about it. it's supposed to be short term memory loss but... it hasn't been short. all my memories are fog."

for some reason my witches intuition was telling me to overshare. it was almost like i had a magnetic pole attraction with gemma and we needed each other.

"that would drive me insane." she admits. "tell me about it. i'm heartbroken and i don't even know why. everything is just... empty." i explain. "well, you've just made a new friend. promise we'll see each other every class?" she asks. the class was twice a week, and seeing a friend twice a week sounded amazing.

"definitely. we can get dinner and drinks after too if you want." i suggest. "it's a date." she says smiling. "how about you though?" i question. "huh?" she says, turning to me.

"why are you here?" i say chuckling. "my kid brother thinks i should expose myself to more art. like 'okay mr. floral suit art collector' am i right?" she jokes. "how bougee." i reply smiling.

"tell me about it." she states. "any siblings?" she questions. "not that i can remember" i joke, making her laugh. the rest of class was spent bonding over anything and everything, and by the end of the night (after we both decided a sleepover was necessary), it was clear that i had made a new best friend. not that i can remember the last one.

i can't wait to summon clarice and tell her all about my new favorite person.

(555 words)