Scene 5 - Locating the deviant

Your POV

We arrived to the scene and parked the car on the curb. We had stopped outside a convenient store opposite an old looking building across the street. It looked like it hasn't been used for a while since there was graffiti all over the walls that were about 20 feet high and most if not all the windows were smashed. It really stood out from the rest of the buildings since they looked newer and more modern.

We stepped out of the vehicle and looked around the place. I don't know exactly what it is we're looking for but I know it must be important. I stayed by Connor while Mr Anderson talked to an officer who was stood guarding the sidewalk next to the store. Connor decided to take a look around and find clues that the deviants could have left. From what I picked up from the officers conversation, a man reported that his android went missing and took his little girl with them. I'm not sure what they're names were but all the police were interested in was getting the girl back and stopping the android. They could be dangerous. I'll have to be careful. 

I looked back over at the rundown building and squinted when I saw the gate that was open slightly. It was gently moving in the breeze, so someone must have unlocked it to get inside since there's a padlock and chain placed hurriedly on the ground. Maybe they're hiding there.

I pulled on Connor's suit and pointed to the gate. "Connor, look over there. The android could be hidden in there. There's a padlock on the ground too".

He looked over to it then back down at me. "Nice work, Junior Detective" He complimented. I smiled widely and guided him, or tugged him, over to the nearest crossing to get to the other side of the road.

Once we crossed, Connor walked over to the gate and knelt down in front of the chain. He scanned it then stood up straight. He was cautious to go inside as the android could have a weapon, a gun or a knife or something. He pushed the gate open and prepared to catch it, but there was no one there. I looked around and my eyes landed on something shiny. I ran over to it and picked it up carefully with my sleeve covering my hand so it didn't get finger prints on it. I ran back and held it up for Connor to take. 

"Look. I found an LED. Maybe the android took it out to look more like a human". I concluded triumphantly. He nodded and placed the object in a small bag then placed it in his pocket neatly. 

"Now the question is, where did it go?" He said, determined to find out where they went. 

We crossed over the street again and showed Hank what we found. I waited next to Connor until he bolted his head to the side when a loud banging sound came from the other side of the street. Before they disappeared into a sprint, we saw the two figures hidden in the shade of a nearby store before they took off running down an alleyway. 

Connor immediately ran after them, completely forgetting about the on going traffic and the sounds of Hank shouting after him. Him and the officers ran to keep up and slowed when they saw Connor looking the android straight in the eye through a wire fence. An officer raised his gun at them but Connor held his hand out. "Don't shoot! We need it alive!"

The android took the opportunity and fell down the slippery bank to get to the highway where busy cars were racing by. Hank and I caught up to him and Hank held the fence to catch his breath. "Oh fuck, that's insane..." He huffed out. I frantically kept my eyes on the deviant and the girl as they rushed on to the road and barely avoided the the cars speeding by. Back and forth, back and forth, the girl screaming when they almost got hit. 

Connor gripped the fence determined to go after them but Hank grabbed his shoulder. "Hey! Where're you goin'?"

"I can't let them get away". He yelled frustrated.