Scene 10 - Jericho

Your POV

My legs started to get tired again so I stopped and breathed heavily. I frantically looked around to see where I was, to find that I was near what appeared to be an abandoned harbour. Most of the ships that were docked there were run down and rusty, showing giant holes in the sides of them. They definitely haven't been used in a while. 

I stepped closer to the edge of the pier and noticed someone walking along the path and turn directly to get to the biggest ship that was covered in old red, white and blue paint. I quickly hid behind a nearby car when the hooded figure turned to look in my direction. They had their eyes glued to where I was but I don't think they saw me as I heard hurried footsteps fade into the distance. I peeked from behind the car and saw the figure vanish into the side of the ship. 

Where are they going? 

No! (Y/n), you have to find Connor.

But what if he's inside?

Or what if he's in trouble in there?

Or if there's an android in there?

Conflicted, I decided to step out of my hiding spot and follow the path the figure took. There was a small hole in the ground separating the ship from the cement sidewalk, which meant I'd have to jump to get to the other side. It wasn't that long of a distance, but one wrong step and I'd fall for sure.

I backed away from it for a few seconds then sprinted towards the edge. I leapt off the ground and hoped that it was a good enough head start. I short burst of fear took over when I had a feeling I wouldn't make it. But, my courage came back when my feet made contact with the metal inside the hole in the boat. I made it! 

I messily landed on my feet and threw my arms to the sides to balance myself when I felt I was going backwards. I gasped and quickly stepped forward just in time and regained control of my stance. The spot where my feet were just a second ago moves slightly and a few single pebbles had crumbled into the ominous gap. I leaned down close to it and heard the loud impact at the bottom, followed by the small splashes of the water below. Most likely painful. That was a close one....

Okay, (Y/n). You can do this. Just be careful, I told myself. 

I looked over my shoulder and scanned the rusty hallway inside the ship. I hesitantly walked along it as slowly and as quietly as possible, looking at the walls to make sure I didn't miss a turning somewhere. The metal cross beams that once held up the ceiling were now blocking most of the hallway, meaning that this place could easily collapse. It made me wonder why this place is still here in the first place. If it really is this old, what's the point in keeping it here?

Come on, focus. I need to be attentive. 

I rounded a corner and ducked underneath a metal pipe sticking from wall to wall. The low sound of water vapour hissing through a small dent in the pipe and my small footsteps moving down the hallway were the only sounds I could hear. Everything else was dead quiet. Too quiet.

I turned a corner and instantly rushed back behind it when I saw the figure from earlier. They were glancing down each end of the hallway, probably checking for anyone following them. Fortunately for me, they didn't spot me. They returned their stare back to the large metal door in front of them and went inside, shutting and locking it behind them.

I sneakily walked up to it and lightly pushed on the door to make sure I didn't make any noise.

Yep, definitely locked.

I pouted and placed my finger on my chin and my other hand on my hip, thinking of how I could get inside. There must be another way around. This ship is huge after all, so there's got to be more entry ways than one. I continued down the hallway and turned more corners, dodging pipes and occasional rocks that fell from the ceiling when a bird would land on it from outside. The place was overall very damp and cold, but sometimes a small crack in the metal would show a small glimpse of the moonlight. It had to be very late.