Scene 7 - Third Investigation

Your POV

We didn't go back to the DPD after today's missions. The sky had turned much darker now. It was probably around 7:30pm. Mr Anderson had gone back to his house meaning that Connor and I would have to find somewhere else to sleep. 

The cold night air was calm and peaceful, but the uneasy feeling started to build inside me. Like something was wrong, but I didn't know what. 

I tried to ignore it and kept walking next to Connor. We found a motel that allowed human and android access that was near the end of town, so he paid for the room and we stepped inside, both our clothes soaking wet from the rain outside. I hugged my sides and walked to the window. The weather didn't seem to be picking up, but it wasn't necessarily bad either. I don't think it affected Connor. Speaking of Connor, he seemed quieter than usual and would sometimes look at me when we were walking. He was probably making sure I don't get hurt since he was super protective even when a car drove past. 

He turned a radiator on and held my shoulders, ushering me to stand next to it to warm up. I took my hat off and placed it on the radiator then felt my temple. The blue ink had come off in my hands. I can always draw it back on. 

He then walked over to a closet in the corner of the room and pulled out a light blue towel. He came back and wrapped it around my shoulders, folding the back of it onto my head to dry my hair. He started moving the towel around, up and down and side to side, making me giggle as it made me feel a little dizzy. He smiled and stood back up, placing the towel on the bed and sitting down next to it. I scampered over to the bed, struggling to get on top of it. I finally managed to and sat next to him.

"It may take a minute for you to fully restore to the recommended body temperature of  97°F, (Y/n). In the mean time, you should get some rest" He stated. I nodded tiredly and rubbed my eye.  "By the way....I wanted to ask you something".

The question caught me off guard and I stared at him curiously. What could he possibly ask me that he doesn't know already? If anything I should be asking him questions. "What is it?" I asked.

"On the roof, when the deviant got away.........why were you treating him like a human?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he asked. I didn't really know how to explain it really.

"I don't think he did anything bad, he just wanted to be his own person. Be in charge of himself instead of listening to people all the time. Maybe that's why he ran away from his owner. Anything that can think like that and want freedom.....could be human, right?"

He seemed to understand what I was trying to say but it didn't seem to sink in. "There's still another thing that I don't understand". I waited expectantly for the next question. "Why did I let him get away?"

"........well, um......if androids aren't supposed to feel emotions and only take orders.....then maybe you're more human than you think". I smiled. He looked worried when he heard what I said. I mean, being more human shouldn't be a bad thing. I yawned and crawled to the top of the bed and went under the covers. Connor sat on the side of the bed for a while, so I think he was talking to CyberLife again.

Connor's POV

DATE

NOV 6TH, 2038

TIME
PM 07:51:05

______________________

D  E               A N

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY

F   C T            N                  FL

______________________

The garden is gloomy as the rain from Detroit has emulated into the CyberLife files. I held the umbrella in my hand and proceeded to find Amanda. She had contacted me and wanted to speak with me about something. It must be important.