Scene 17 - Goodnight

Your POV

Connor picked up the discarded gun and slid it into his inside pocket, then walked towards the exit with me and an entire army following behind him. Every step of the way. 

The android army marched out of the CyberLife doors and into the snowy streets, Connor and I walking in front of them to lead them to the rest of Jericho. People started closing their windows and shutting down the stores as we went by. But all we were doing was walking. We weren't causing any harm nor did we wish to. 

The lights from the street lamps and cars lit up the street and gave us a path to follow. We had heard news that Jericho was no longer where the androids were hiding, so instead Markus evacuated everyone and started protesting in the city. All these deviants combined with them should be a big enough group for the other humans to notice us and what we stand for.

We reached the area where multiple government cars and trucks lined the other side of the road, while our army stood in front of Markus, thousands of them as far as the eye could see. 

This is it.

Connor and I stood on the staging platform. Markus stood in the centre with us on the right of him. We looked over to all of the deviants stood before us, all different, all unique.

Markus lowered his head and took a breath, creating a small cloud that quickly disappeared into the cold night air. He raised his head and looked at us with determination on his face, while the rest of us looked at him in hopes of a speech.

"Today, our people finally emerged from a long night." He said loud enough for all of us to hear. "From the very first day of our existence".

Connor's POV

My LED flickered yellow and I started blinking uncontrollably.

No!

Not here, not now!

 A wave of fear took over me. I opened my eyes again, but I couldn't see very clearly as a blizzard had consumed the whole place. Amanda brought me here. Why? 

I hugged my sides and tucked my hands under my arms, trying to navigate this place to find her. The storm only grew stronger the more I tried to walk around, and the searing pain of the cold in my eyes slowed me down.

I looked around in a circle and stopped when I saw a figure standing in the middle of this frozen landscape. I approached them and held my hands out to shield my face from anymore oncoming snow. 

"Amanda?..." I called out weakly. "Amanda!" She held her head up and looked at me with a blank expression. Anything else on her face would be invisible in this storm. But it seemed the weather was not effecting her in the slightest. "What's... what's happening?"

"What was planned from the very beginning...". She smirked wickedly. "You were compromised by that... child... and you became a deviant". The word rolled off her tongue like poison. Full of hatred. 

I scowled and hugged my arms tighter, visibly shivering. "Her name is (Y/n)!"

She smiled again. "You don't have to worry about that. She's not you're concern anymore".

I thought about that for a moment. Then the same feeling I had back at Kamski's place decided to return.

"If you so much as touch her I'll-""You'll what, Connor? I don't think you're in any position to threaten me. Look around you. You don't have a choice. Besides, I would have thought that you'd be more of a threat to her than me..... considering you shot her".

"What? I would never hurt-"

I froze. My defensiveness turned into fear and suspicion.

"How did you know about the nightmare?" I asked.