Scene 15 - Simulation

Connor's POV

Why is it dark?

I can't see anything.

Everything around me is just a black void.

Why have I never seen this before?

"Hank?" I tried calling, but my voice just echoed around me. No response.

"(Y/n)?"

I looked around again. Still nothing.

I took a few steps forward to get to grips on where I am. There has to be something. 

How did I even get here?

I kept moving until I saw someone about 50 metres away. They were facing away from me, but the way they were hugging themselves made them look scared. A lot more scared than I was. I couldn't tell who it was at first, but the glint of a metallic badge when they turned slightly gave me an answer.

"(Y/n)!"

She turned to face me and her expression fell. She backed away. "Connor?" She called out.

I nodded and started walking towards her, but she backed away even more. "S-stay away from me".

I slowed down but didn't stop. Why is she scared of me? She looked at me in fear and fell on the ground. "...Get away!"

I was right in front of her now. I was hurt that she was acting like this. She got up and took a few steps back. "I know what you are... I know.... you're just like them! The deviants! All of them!"

"(Y/n), what are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Connor! You were there! You saw what that android did to my parents! It killed them! It took them away from me! And now you're just the same..."

I stood wide eyed at her. I held my hand out for her to take. "No, (Y/n). I'm not like him! I will never. Ever. Become that kind of android".

Her eyes started to water and tears fell down her face as she pushed my hand away. "NO! That's what you want to think. You may not believe it will happen, but it WILL. It's what's supposed to happen. And.... and when it does..... you'll kill me...."

What was she talking about!?

"You'll kill me like you'll kill Hank"

"I would never do that to you!"

"IT'S TOO LATE, CONNOR!" She screamed at me as her shoulders tensed up.

I looked down at my hand and saw that I was holding something that wasn't there before. My arm started moving upwards on it's own and I stared at it in shock and fear. The gun was aimed at her as she just stood there, looking me dead in the eyes as I unwillingly had her at gunpoint. I tried to gain back control but it wasn't working. I looked at her desperately trying to show her that it wasn't me who was doing this.

She loosened her shoulders and hung her head low. 

"..... it's too late..."

My finger twitched and pulled the trigger. Just as it shot rang through me ears, I blinked and shot upright from a couch. I started breathing heavily with my hand on my chest. I looked around and saw that.... I was in Hank's house. His living room, on his couch. My vision was slightly blurry and I blinked frantically to try and regain some sight.

What just happened?! One minute I was in.... a simulation of some sort and the next I'm at Hank's house.

I looked at the time on the clock and saw that it was 2 in the morning. I remembered that when we got out of Kamski's place, Hank said that we could stay at his house instead of going back to the motel. Then I remember powering down while (Y/n) slept in the other room.