Scene 6 - Second Investigation

Your POV

"Hey Connor!"

He opened his eyes from the elevator of the building. Mr Anderson and I were waiting for him outside of it so we could investigate the apartment.

"You ran outta batteries or what?" He asked. 

Connor stood still and replied. "I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife".

Hank nodded and walked down the hallway while I stayed put until Connor left the elevator. When he did, we walked towards a door that was dirty, like most of the doors. The place was unkempt and unclean, and it smelled funny.

Hank stayed by a door and Connor knocked on it three times. 

No answer.

He tried again but this time with more force. "Anybody home? Open up, Detroit police!" He ordered. Suddenly we heard something heavy being pushed across the weak wooden floor inside, indicating someone was in there. And they were trying to get away.

Hank gestured us both backwards and stood close with his gun raised. "Stay behind me". 

"Got it".

I smile spread to my face. "Are you gonna kick it down, like in the cop movies?" I asked excitedly.

"I don't see why not" He smirked at us then stepped forward. He kept his gun ready as he kicked the door open, sending it swinging into the wall. 

"Cool" I whispered in awe and walked closely behind them. He held the gun forward, ready to shoot something or someone if he had to. I linked my hands together and raised my finger gun as I followed alongside Connor. He looked at me and smiled at my attempt of being like Lieutenant Anderson. 

We slowly got to the furthest door at the end of the hallway and Hank entered first. He kicked this one down as well, but the door was already rotten and corroded that it didn't take much force for it to crumble to the ground. We looked inside, and the living area was no better than the shady hallway we were just in. The room was filled with tens, possibly hundreds of pigeons that were now either flying around the bland brown room because of the noise or grouped together on the ground, cooing loudly.

"What the fuck is this?!" Hank exclaimed at the sight. Connor didn't seem bothered by the appearance, but I guess he wouldn't be. 

Hank struggled to reach the kitchen as birds from every which direction were flying at his feet and in his face, then eventually out the broken window. Connor checked a jacket and some sort of card on a table in the corner of the room while I wandered into what seemed to be a bathroom.....or what's left of one.

I entered slowly and cautiously as I didn't want anymore birds to fly around the place and distract me. This is a super important mission. I have to prove I can be a good detective.

The sink itself was filled with old cigarettes and pigeon feathers. But the faucets were both really old and dusty. It doesn't look like water has come out of them for a few years. Well, it looks like this whole apartment hasn't been used in a few years. At least not by a human. 

I continued looking and found a small LED on the side of the sink that had some weird blue stuff on it and stained around the white area it was in. This looks like the glowing blue stuff in Connor's arm. I don't know what it's called though. 

Connor's POV

I looked around the room for more evidence then came to the realisation that I haven't checked the bathroom yet. I walked over to the door and saw (Y/n) looking over the sink. I stepped inside and she turned her head to look at me. "Connor, I found another LED. And this blue.....water? What is it?" She asked. I walked closer and looked at the evidence.