The beginning of a new life

It was a hot day in Kyoto. Most of the Clan Members trained this day to become stronger. But not all of them.

A turtle mutant named Dariyasa was one of them. Her black bandana was fixed to her head with a needle  in a knot and had on the end a pattern in white. She sat in her room with a egg in her arm. With her right hand she softly pet the shell of the egg. She smiled by the thought that it would hatch soon.

Right in front of her knees laid another egg. Some weeks passed since she laid it. But this egg would hatch in 4 years. Like it was by her oldest daughter.

Her oldest daughter Larota was held by her best friend Hopu. She was a human like the most Clan Members. Hopu knew everything about Dariyasa. Even her secrets that she no one tells but her. In the other way around it was the same.

"I can't wait to see this little one outside the egg." said Hopu to her best friend smiling.

"Me too. I hope she will be healthy." said Dariyasa. A worried look laid on her face.

She doesn't had to say it. Hopu know exactly what she mean.

"You had nothing to do with her illness. Orimura will find a way to cure her."

"You'r right. I should be positiv. Maybe he will give me the redemptive news tonight." Dariyasa put the egg down and rest her hand on the other one.

Before Hopu could respond some of their friends entered the room.

"We're under attack! Hurry!"  screamed the Kunoichi before she left again.

Shortly after seconds Hopu get the padded bagpack for the egg and the babybelt for Larota.

"Dariyasa. You flee with your kids and I-" Hopu tried to regulate the Pad.

"No. You will take the kids." Dariyasa hold her hands to stop her.

"But. I can't. I'm not ready to take responsibility for your children in a fight." Hopu looks scared in Dariyasas eyes.

"I know you can. You had a really good training after your accident." Dariyasa put the eggs in the bagpack and handle it over to Hopu. "Plus we don't have time for doubts."

Hopu nodded. She put the backbag on her bag and took Larota from the ground.

With uplifted swords they entered the hallway. Dariyasa tooked the left side while Hopu took the right side. They fight their way through the building but when their got outside their were shocked. Some of their friends bodies laid on the ground. Behind them a person in a wheelchair. The face covered by a mask.

"Dari! They will surround us when we not leave now!" screamed Hopu.

But Dariyasa didn't respond. She begin to cry. Hopu couldn't help and begin to cry too. They both didn't relize that Larota could watch the whole scene. She would remember everytime the mask from the mysterious person.

"Take care of my children for me when I didn't come back." Dariyasa uplifted her sword towards the wheelchair. "And find a nice man to marry." Along her face crossed a light smile when she looked a last time behind her back.

"I promise to take my life over theirs." Hopu said. She wanted to hug her best friend for a last time but she knew that their was no time for this. So she began to run. She tried to avoid the bad fighters but their ran after her.

Soon they catch up with her. They attacked her and she defended herself. With one hand it was very hard but she couldn't let go off Larota who fidget in her babybelt. In a little while she lost her sword and get hurt at her upper arm.

Hopu knew it was hopeless that she couldn't fight them all. But she had to. For her best friend. For her godchildren. For herself. She needed to get up and fight. Make the impossible possible. To have the courage in herself that she is a great warrior.

She took the sword next to her and get up. She uplifted her sword towards her enemy. In her mind she only thought about her best friend and her promise. So she did the impossible and defeated her enemy.

When the last fighter fell to their death it began to rain. Hopu looked exhausted to the sky. She did it. She survived and kept her godchildren safe. She felt that the dormancy took over her body. She felt to her knees. Laid down on the ground and felt to sleep.

After a while a sensei named Furuji crossed Hopus way with his two sons. He poked her with his staff and noticed that Hopu was alive. Furuji told his sons that they will took her with them. Gaoto his older son picked Hopu up from the ground and carried her bridal style. While Sauda picked up Larota and looked at her confused.

Sauda was surprised about the little turtle girl, but he didn't asked a question. He knew that he wouldn't get an answer. Sauda put Larota in his arms and put the backpack on his back. He turned around and saw that the others didn't wait up.

Sauda sighed and ran after them. How was he supposed to explain his twin sister Chichinami that they founded a humanoid turtle and 2 eggs which are big as  ostrich eggs???