Head or Heart?

Sauda had scrubbed the ground till the blood was gone. Had he knew what a mess would happen he would never left the red and the purple bandana turtle alone. Now he had to clean this chaos up. He took the broom from the closet and began to sweep the shards together. The cookies had he already throw in the trash.

"Why didn't you tell me that strangers were here?" Gaoto sneaked up to Sauda. Trying to make him fell uncomfortable. So he would easier spit out the truth out.

"How? What? No. no. no. nope. The turtles and Hopu are not strangers. They are family!" Sauda looked upset at his brother. How he could dare to call them strangers after all this time they lived together? Rather six years!

"I mean the strangers who attack the girls." Gaoto rolled his eyes. He loved his brother, but sometimes he could really be a little bit smarter in his eyes.

"Who?" Sauda looked at his older brother confused. Not even had a clue of who he talked about.

"Forget it. You didn't noticed them anyway." Gaoto sighed. When would his brother learn to observe the world around him more and not only noticing the world he wanted to notice.

The telephone began to ring. Gaoto accepted the call. "Kame?"

"I hope for you and my twin that the girls are okay." Chichinama never called unless it was an emergency. But this time it was obviously a check call.

"They are, Chichi. Don't worry. Everything is under completely control." Gaoto looked at the mess in the kitchen. He didn't lied, right? He just hide the past hours from her.

"Oh yeah? Then why are here five of my students totally beaten up talking about a turtle beast who tried to kill them?" Her voice made it clear that she wanted to hear the truth. Only the truth.  One sign of a lie and she would stay immediately behind him.

"I think your twin would have been the better brother to answer this question, but he isn't done with his punishment and I won't give him a break. Larota find a half death turtle and bring it home. While I was saved the young life Sauda was responsible for the kids. Don't know how, but your students break in. Terrifying Talena and hurting Larota. They are the same boys who hurt the new mutant. Questions I can answer?" Gaoto listed mentally everything that happen and compared it what he said to his sister. The only thing he forgot were that Amoly felt better, but that will she saw later on her own.

"Maybe later. First of all I feel like some of my students need randori." Chichinama simulated a cliché evil laughed. "By the way kisses from Hopu! Bye!"

Gaoto blushed. He hate being teased by his sister, but should he really admit that nothing really changed since he told Hopu how he felt? They didn't even kissed, because anytime someone disturbed them. Gaoto didn't even told Sauda about it yet. He felt after all this time still like a traitor of his brother.

"Gao? Can I ask you something?" Sauda stayed in the floor and leaned on the broom. He was finished with cleaning the kitchen. His facial expression on his face wasn't readable.

"You already did, but sure." Gaoto knead his hands again. Trying to get the nervous feeling inside of him away.

"It's about Hopu." Saudas gaze went to his leg tips. He didn't thought this throw, but he wanted to get this thoughts out of his mind.

Gaoto froze. The topic he always tried to yield. "What is with Hopu?" He was afraid of what Sauda would say next.

"Will you marry her?" Sauda looked him straight into his eyes. No sadness. No assignment of guilt. Just curiosity.

Gaoto gulped. He didn't expect this question. Didn't know what to respond.

"I just had an idea. What if sensei let the girls stay if you and Hopu adopt them. That would make them your kids. Also Senseis grandchildren.  Hopu is already their godmother mother figure and you are the next leader of our Clan. You know... if our sister didn't come back." Sauda looked to the side. Not wanted to see the lack of understanding in his eyes.

"When you have this plan why didn't you ask her then to marry you?" Gaoto could tell that he hide something from him. Something he was afraid to share.

"Because when two persons marry each other it should be because of love. I thought that you loved her that's why I asked." Sauda crossed his fingers. Letting the forefingers tipped each other in a beat.

"Wait. You don't love Hopu?" Gaoto looked at him in shock. "Than why did you give her the rose and the poem?"

"What poem? Oh! That poem. No that wasn't for her. Asking my love of my life for advice would have been very awkward. No. I mean- Er.... I just tried... to make you jealous so...  that you confess your love for her and you too could life happily ever after." Sauda took some steps back. Feeling very uncomfortable in his skin.

"Why didn't you just told me! I have compunction because of you for two years now! I didn't even kissed her, because I thought you loved her!" Gaoto was mad. All this pain and sense of quilt for nothing!

"Oh. I'm sorry, but now you can marry her and everything will be fine." Sauda simpered. Hoping that his brother wasn't that mad as he think he was.

"Sauda, life doesn't work like this. You're not a child. You're an adult. Grow finally up and began to act like your age!" Gaoto glared at him while pointed at his chest. He just couldn't believe how they didn't managed to communicate earlier.

"I just wanted to help..." Sauda looked down sad. He knew it all along. To his siblings he was nothing but a burden.