Fear.

----------------------------------------

We could have never met. But we did, and I'm glad for it.

                                                     -People madly in love.
----------------------------------------

The guards had forcefully dragged her to the palace. Ella was shaking with fear and terror. All the nasty rumours about the King and his cruel ways against traitors had made her weak. "Should I tell them about me helping a man?" she thought, but as soon as the idea crossed her head, her conscience shunned it taunting her that if the king found out about her helping a suspect, he will behead her right there and then

But her heart argued with her conscience saying 'How is it wrong to help a person in need?' "I just saw a helpless man who needed help, that is all. His identity was also unknown to me" she thought. Ella was still trembling, but now she had decided to not let fear get into her way.

Suddenly the guards stopped. They had reached the palace. Ella was quickly dragged to the main hall where the King was sitting in his mighty throne. As soon as Ella entered that room, her heart felt very uneasy, but she shook it off as fear of the interrogation. The guards were bowing down truly devoted to the King, and so was Ella. Everybody had to bow to the King, not bowing meant disrespect and that wasn't something you could show to the king.

The head guard spoke "My King! This woman was found near the area where the intruder escaped. We believe she has a hand in his plan my Lord."Ella did not say anything as nobody had allowed her to speak yet. Well, the King had not even looked at her and she was so glad for that, but it seemed like her happiness was short lived as just after a second the King asked her to raise her head and look him in the face while speaking to him.

Ella was paralysed with fear. Fear for herself and the predicament that she was stuck in. The King walked towards her, his every step full of authority and power. His aura was so dominating and suppressive, it made Ella want to crawl up in a sack and never be back here again.

The King's icy cold gaze was on her face. With one swift movement of his hand, he gripped her jaw so hard that for a moment she thought that it would break, and then he lifted her face up to meet with his. But what Ella saw took her breath away."James?" Ella whispered. Her tone was uncertain and vulnerable, but also terrified. Hearing a common peasant acting weird towards the King, made all the guards unsheath their swords and point it at her neck.

But at that moment the King growled "EVERYBODY OUT!!!" and just in a second only Ella and the King was present in the room. Ella's face was filled with dread and the King was now furious.
Ella could not really believe her eyes actually. After seeing the King, the word 'James' had unexpectedly slipped out of her tongue. Surely James would not be King, would he? because as far as she knew James was just a normal citizen of the kingdom. She and James had been inseparable ever since they had met at the tender age of 15 and 17. James lived with his nanny beside Ella's home. As far as she knew he had just been a normal boy, then why was it that the man in front of her, who was supposedly the KIng looked so familiar to James. It was as if God just carved their exact clones into a stone and brought it to life.

*Flashback*

"Ella do not talk to anyone else except me. Only I can protect you, Ells!" James said while having a rather hard grip on my hands. 

"But James, I want to have friends! I want to live like a normal kid! And for the sake of dear heavens I'm 16 now!" cried Ella. She was getting frustrated now. James always did this to her, not letting her play nor talk to anyone else except him. 
Ella really looked up to James like a brother, but this was getting out of hands now. It was almost like her life was all at James' hands and it was his to do anything with, and this made Ella furious.
"Who was he to approve of who she was talking to or not," Ella thought.

James had just caught Ella conversing with Drew, the village hunk who apparently had a crush on Elle. It was adorable really, but Ella had no idea about it. James was livid. He ran towards Drew and punched his jaw and kept on punching him. Drew was all bloody now. 
Ella screamed "James! Let him go, please!! Don't hurt him!"
But James did not listen to her and continuously kept on hitting drew.
"She's mine! You being a peasant have no right to even look at what's mine!" saying this he gave him the last blow and stoop up.

James hazel brown eyes were black now, his whole body was shaking in anger. He quickly marched towards Elle who was crying and then grabbed her wrist in a vice-like grip and hugged her. 
"If you talk to anyone else but me Ella, I won't hesitate to do this again."
Ella kept on sobbing.
Ella was so hurt by his behaviour. She did not like anyone treating her as an object so she tried to get away from him and screamed "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!! You do not own me, James!" 

James had never felt angrier in his life before. He was obsessed with Ella. He loved her and she was his, and of course, he could not let anyone else take what was his.
He slapped Ella.

The world seemed to stop for Ella. She felt a sharp pain in her cheek. She could not believe what had happened right now. James had hit her! He was mad! Ella started to cry more now

"I love you, Ella. And you fix that in your brain. YOU BELONG TO ME AND ME ONLY. And if anyone gets close to you or tries to take you away from me! I will Kill them Ells. Nobody can separate us. We two are made for each other."

Ella felt like she was about to faint. She now knew that James wasn't her brother like figure. He was crazy. So she did what anyone would have done. 

"I don't love you, James. I never will!" saying this she ran. 

She reached her home and locked her room. She was so scared to even go out now. Ella cried herself to sleep that day.

The next day her mother and father told her that James and his nanny had left the village due to certain circumstances. 
Ella still remembered that it was Jame's birthday today, he was going to turn eighteen, but his disappearance gave her heart peace. She was free or so she thought.

_Flashback end_
****************************************************

King Elijah held Ella's jaw and then smiled the most sinister smile. That smile could have chilled bones, and Ella felt fear fill her heart. 
"I was hoping to catch you in the ball my love, but it seems like fate has other plans" saying this, he grabbed Ella's black hair and started to drag her to his room. 

He had planned on making Ella his in the ball to come, but getting her earlier was just like adding a cherry on top. 
He hadn't gotten over Ella's rejection and was still obsessed with her. Her house was always looked over by guards and he always got reports on her.  But now Ella was back in his hands, moreover, she was in his castle! Now, she would know his real identity. 

 Elijah's mind filled with the punishments stored for his dear Elle. After all, she had disobeyed him and she was surely going to pay for it.

**********************************************

Please do vote and comment!! 

**********************************************