Dread.

Some people cannot tell the difference between love and lust. And these are the kind of people who you should stay away from.

-something my mum always tells me.

-

Ella gained consciousness only to find herself chained to the bedpost. Her little body was weary and tired, it felt as if she had just done huge labour for a year and had just gotten to rest now. She was just about to move when all the events earlier came to her mind like a deadly storm in a lonely desert. Her father, the man who had loved an nurtured her with everything that he had, was no more. The picture of her father's head laying still near her feet still fresh with blood made her want to empty out all the contents in her stomach, not that there was any.

Her heart was aching and her mind was blank, it was almost as if she could not feel anything anymore. Ella's whole body felt numb, her brown-black eyes had lost all their sparks. She had never felt this weak her entire life, just a few days before she was a convent girl with a happy family, but now a monster named Elijah had taken everything away from her. 

How could a human be so devoid of emotions and cruel so as to just kill a father in front of his own daughter and wife? She had always been a girl who believed that no matter how bad a person may be he will still be good in some corner of his heart, but this was not it, she felt nothing but hate for the man.

Thinking about all the happy memories of her childhood with her father Ella wrecked into a sad sob. Tears started to uncontrollably roll down her cheeks. She mourned and wailed for the loss of a very important piece of her life. "F-f-fa-father" she slowly whispered, with a sad and grieve stricken voice.

"Ah! It seems to me that my love is awake!"

Ella focused her tear-filled eyes to the place where the sound came from and there she saw him. King Elijah, sitting in all his glory and power with a sick smirk plastered on his face. 
Elijah was particularly enjoying the show that Ella was silently putting on. He was filled with glee as if he had just not killed an innocent man and imprisoned innocent lives.

Ella's face contorted into disgust and hate for the person who was responsible for all this. Her father's death, her captivity and her mother's imprisonment. He was sick in his head.

"YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" Ella screamed hysterically at him.

Elijah's then pleasant face twisted into that of rage. He backhanded Ella as hard as he could and then gripped her jaw so hard that Ella could swear that she would die any moment from his grips alone "You will not speak to me in that manner nor raise your voice at me! I AM YOUR MASTER!" he seethed.

"You are no..." Ella was just about to complete her sentence when Elijah spoke "Didn't you forget love? Your filthy mother's life is in my hands and if you defy me one more time then I will skin her alive and then tie her outside the castles gates for the vultures to eat and the common people to see what happens when someone disobeys me!"

After hearing the mention of her mother, Ella's heart sunk. He was right. Her mother's life depended on him and in order to keep her alive, she would have to submit. 
Her heart was filled with fear, she had just lost her father, she absolutely did not want to lose her mother too. All the sudden confidence to argue with him that was there in her heart slowly disappeared. Her face fell and in a whisper, she said: "I will obey every word you say, master."

"Now that's more like it!" Elijah mocked. He loved seeing Ella submit to him. It made him feel so happy and filled with pleasure knowing that the love of his life was submitting to him. "You are, mine Ella! Do you understand? Mine to love, mine to hate, mine to pleasure, mine to torture. I own you, every breath you take is due to my courtesy and if you object me or if anyone else gets in our way, then the results will not be pretty. Do you understand doll?"

"Yes master"

"Then be ready for your next punishment."

Ella's eyes widened after hearing this statement from him. Her whole body trembled in fear of what the sick psycho had in store for her. Her body was already limo from being tied to the bed too much. There were bruises and blood pouring from the collar on her neck and ankle.
 While the time she had been here, she had been brutally chained by the King like a pet that was there for his pleasure. Her clothes had been dirty and soaked with sweat due to the fear in her body.
Her mental state after the scene with her father had been weak, but after hearing those words from the King, her fragile body was shaking even more.

"No! My King! Please...d-do not..."

Elijah burst out in a loud and sinister laugh. Stopping, he gripped and pulled Ella's hair and seethed "Surely you did not think that was your only punishment, Elle? That was just a warning my little one. The real punishment for rejecting my love and running away from me hasn't even started yet! Don't tell me you are tired from just that one teaser?" His eyes gleamed with sick pleasure.
He had total control over everything right now. Almost like a wolf who had trapped a small bunny. He had her right where had wanted, in a weak and vulnerable position. After all, he had to break her to make sure she never pulled any stunts of defying him. 

Then he smirked, his smirk so evil that it made Ella's spine shiver and her whole body cold. 

"I cannot wait for this!" Elijah exclaimed, not before sinking a needle on Ella's delicate needle. That needle was covered with a rare type of drug that made a person weak and faint. 

"Oh not again!" Ella thought, seeing the last memory before her mind went completely blank to be that of Elijah's handsome face, smiling cruelly and with a very evil look saying "Welcome to your worst nightmare, Ella."

-------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ [IMPORTANT]

Hello! So, I recently got a comment saying that this whole thing is moving too fast and that the King is just like a kid who wants a toy just to break it apart. But I just wanted to say that this novel is tagged *dark romance* and *obsession* for a specific reason. Dark romance isn't a typical love story where the protagonist has to take it slow and love the latter. This novel is going to be messed up hence the title "The Obsessed King" and the tag 'dark romance' 

My character 'King Elijah' is not someone who is loving and kind. He is a person who is deeply obsessed with Ella and will stop at nothing to make her submit to his needs completely. He has dark intentions and thats just how it is.

So if you want a sweet and romantic cliche love thing then this story definitely isn't for you.

This story is for the dark romance enthusisats like me who highly love dark romace!! 

I do have a lot to say actually to just clear up some doubts that my readers may be having but I do not want to spoil the contents ahead! So I hope that to justify whatever your doubts are you should just continue to read ahead! 

-Asa

Please do follow me for sneek peeks and announcements about my novels! 

DO add this story to your reading list and comment and vote!

 COMMENTS DO FUEL AND MOTIVATE ME TO UPDATE!!!

p.s: I'm so glad my Chemistry exam is over now I just have Bio to go!!