Pain.

Sometimes to overcome the pain, we have to make decisions that we normally never would.
-people who have dealt with the pain

The smell of urine, faeces and blood was the first thing to greet Ella's nose. The smell itself was so vile that Ella felt like puking, but due to having no content in her stomach nothing eventually happened.

She blinked. Once. Twice. Her vision was hazy, but even in this hazed state, she could see him. King Elijah. The cruel man who was the very reason for her pain. It was almost as if he was a thorn on a path that Ella had to walk on constantly again and again. He seemed to be the cause for her agony every single time.

The space that she was in was dimly lit by torches, but even with the presence of the torches, the room was chilling cold. The walls were spattered with blood marks and scratches. But what Ella saw next horrified her to the utmost care The walls of the cellar were stocked with what looked to her as weapons, torture weapons to be exact. She had studied about them one day but then the idea of a machine being used to torture and give pain to others did not really spark her interests. She wanted to heal people, not torture them.

There were whips with spikes, knives of all sizes, and other things which even she couldn't figure out, so as to what they really were. Ella tried to run, but then looking down she saw that she was bound to a chair. Being imprisoned in chains was getting more and more frequent for her and she was not liking it one bit at all. She wasn't an object to be kept locked.

The feeling of being helpless crept up into her heart and made her whole body go racking with shivers. She wanted to run so badly. Away from all of this, she had never been the kind of person who could handle sights like these.She remembered what happened earlier. Elijah had drugged her and now here she was, trapped again.

This whole place was horrific. Ella was scared to bones and she held a panic-stricken face. Elijah was not of sound mind, so earlier when he said punishment, what she would be receiving would be something dreadful.

The sound of footsteps broke apart Ella's thoughts. King Elijah was approaching near her, but this time he did not hold a smirk or a creepy smile. Instead, he held a very icy glare, his glare made Ella feel so small and helpless as if he was staring right through her soul and thinking of ways to deal with her.

Elijah grabbed a fistful of Ella's black hair and tugged on it hard. The pain that Ella felt on her scalp was unbearable, just as if her scalp would tear off due to the vicious manhandling that Elijah was doing.

"Today I am going to make you pay for leaving me back there Elle. I am going to make you miserable and desperate, just like the old me back then. Only then will you know my pain" Just as Elijah finished his speech a guard handed him a whip and two guards forcefully made Ella lay on a table. The whip that was in Elijah's possession was much more lethal looking than all the other whips that she had seen earlier. This one was scarier and somehow made her more uneasy.

"This is my favourite" saying this Elijah paused "I only use this for the people I have utmost hate against to give them the most pain, and love I do not know about hate but I just really want you to feel the pain."

After Saying this without any warning the King brought down the whip on Ella's back at a very high speed. Ella's whole back felt like as if it had been cut by a million pieces of glass. The pain was surreal and so painful, that she even thought death would be less painful than that.Only one whip had her writhing in pain, but she still had more to go.The second slash was so painful for Ella, that she screamed out in pain even though she wanted to stay silent.

"YOU BELONG TO ME!"

Whip

"YOU ARE MINE!"

Whip

"YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE ME ELLA!"Whip

Ella's soft sobs and the sound of whips were the only things that could be heard there.The whips had been agonizing for a girl as delicate and fragile as Ella, and to top it all of she had really done nothing wrong except 'rejecting a person who she did not like in the romantic sense'And the bad luck was that Ella had been conscious for the 50 whips. Even the highest and dirtiest criminals or enemies had never gotten out of a whip beating. The least they could was 25 and there was Ella, who had taken 50.

The pain was racking every nerve of her body, she couldn't even feel her back anymore. She wanted to cry for the pain but her tears had long run out, leaving nothing to console her body. Her eyes felt droopy, she thought maybe time was up for her, but before her senses could leave her body, she felt Elijah's rough hands lifting her up.

"Love, it's rude to leave before the punishment is over. I will make you feel so much pain that the only thing in your mind will be me. By the end of this, you will think of no one else but me. I'll make sure of that" With that, he dropped her in the water.

Ella screamed and gashed around. Her wounds had been so bloody and gore and the water was burning her wounds up. It was so painful that even death would be better than that. She writhed and tried to get up but some guards held her entire body down. Her wounds were already bad but now her body also craved for oxygen. Her senses were in agony, she felt desperate to get even a small amount of air and just before she got unconscious, the guards pulled her head out.Ella gasped and took in big gulps of air. It felt as if she had never breathed before.

"Saltwater delays the healing process and is quite painful isn't it Ella?" he smirked. "Just know that now I control your life, just as I control your breaths.""P-please j-ju-just K-kill me" stuttered Ella. Death would have been easier than slowly losing your senses due to constant torture.Hearing this Elijah laughed like a maniac "Ella! Just this much and you are already begging for death? I will never let you go away from my love. I will follow you to the depths of the underworld. From this moment on we can never be separated! Now tell me do you want this all to end?"

"Yes please m-master" these words felt bitter in Ella's mouth but she had to do this. Death was something she would have accepted but the pain in her whole body right now was clouding her senses of thinking, it was making her weak and submit to his desires.

Elijah grabbed her jaw and then whispered: "Whom do you belong to Ella?"
"You m-master"
The last thing that Ella could feel instead of the pain was a strong pair of hands lifting her from her nightmare. Her wounds were burning and the pain was unbearable. Her fragile body could not take it anymore, so she drifted away unconsciously.

She would have never bent to Elijah's will but today something inside her had flipped.This was his castle, he had all the power here so if she wanted to survive then she had to obey his wishes. Ella was not going to back down, but to make Elijah lose his guards she had to act like the obedient pet he wanted.Her parents had not taught her to lose faith in situations like these, but to adapt and learn from them.

And at that moment she had made a promise to herself, that she would do everything that she could to get out of his clutches or she would die trying.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Please do follow me for any update notifications and announcements!! 
And do not forget to add this story to your reading list and vote and do write your feedback!

*Comments and votes do inspire and fuel me to update often :) 

1393 words and Grammarly checked!