Kuebiko

Kuebiko : a Japanese word that refers to the fatigue generated by senseless violence. It comes from a mythological character, Kuebiko (久延毘古)—a name coming from 崩え彦 or "disable or crumbling prince."

Ella's eye slowly opened, her vision was not clear and her head was throbbing. The feeling of waking up from an unconscious state time after again had now been her ritual. Memories from earlier kicked into her mind, and she jolted wide awake, but what she saw shocked her. "This isn't a prison!" Ella whispered. The room that she was in was foreign but huge and posh, unlike the dirty cell that she was thinking she would end up in after Elijah caught her. 'Elijah,' that name brought shudders to her body, she did not want to think what he would do since he had caught her. "He's going to kill me" she whispered.

"Who's going to kill you?" a voice from behind the bed spoke out. That voice was husky and rough, yet calm.

"Wait, this doesn't sound like Eli-" Ella's thoughts were interrupted by the silhouette now appearing in front of her, but what she saw in front of her made her gasp out loud. 

The man in front of Ella was not Elijah but rather someone else. His eyes were the brightest shade of blue Ella had ever seen and his brown hair made them more evident. 

"Hello, Ella. We meet again." he smiled.

Ella gasped, this was the stranger who she had met in the forest! She did remember the day s clear as crystal for had she not gone through the woods, the soldiers would never have caught her that day. But right now, the man in front of her looked different, his aura screamed dominance and power similar to Elijah's. She wondered how she had missed it the last time.

"It's you! The forest man!" Ella blurted and then quickly regretted saying that as the man in front of her smiled a bit, hearing the nickname that she had given him.

"I was hoping that you had not forgotten me, Ella." 

"Why am I here?" questioned Ella. She had previously thought that she had been caught by Elijah but that had been wrong, but now that the truth was out she wanted to know the reason why he had brought her here.

"You were in a weak state Ella, and I am a man of actions. I had to help the girl who had previously saved my life." the blue-eyed man replied.

"I never got to know your name mister" Ella inquired, after all, it was only fair that she asked him his name, for he clearly knew hers.

"My name is Octavius Xavier Reynolds and I am the King of Eradon. Welcome to my kingdom, Ella."

Ella was speechless, to say the least. The man that she had saved was a ruler? What is it with her and people she met revealing themselves as King! It was entirely exhausting. Nevertheless now it all made sense, his weird clothing when she saved him and the power radiating from his body. And wasn't she in Dolcenia earlier? or was that Eradon too? The confinement of Elijah had really taken a toll on her recognising places.

"Your Majesty, sorry for my rudene-" Ella was just about to apologise when Octavius cut her off, "No need to be formal with me Ella, you can just call me Octavius" he stated.

"But your majesty I-" 

"I insist Ella," stated Octavius in a firm voice leaving no more room for discussion.

There was a bit of silence before Ella tried to get up from the bed that she was laying on, "I have to go your highness. I cannot stay here for longer" but just as she tried to get up, her whole body shrivelled in pain. Ella whimpered and laid limp for a moment. She felt stupid for forgetting about her wounds

"You have not healed yet Ella. I will not allow you to leave weakened for the hunter to hunt" spoke Octavius. His voice held so much authority that Ella immediately had the feeling to obey him.

"I cannot stay here your majesty," said the panicking Ella. Many peoples lives had been lost because of her and she also did not want to stay in an unknown kingdom any further, also it seemed like Octavius was hiding something from her, but she couldn't pinpoint out what it was and that was what made her squirm.

"I will not let Elijah lay one more finger on you Ella" Octavius suddenly spoke up.

"How did you know about him?" asked the surprised Ella.

"I have resources Ella and they have told me every single thing about what that filthy creature has made you go through." Speaking in this matter, Octavius's eyes turned dark, which caused Ella to shudder. It brought back unpleasant memories for her.

Seeing Ella uncomfortable, Octavius walked towards her bed and sat on the far end of it. 

"You are in my kingdom now Ella, and I will not let anyone hurt you, after all, I do owe you my life," he said, trying to console her. "And i also would like you to rest and recover. I will handle the rest. Now, I have some matters to attend to, so i hope you will take care of yourself. Escaping won't do, for my security is far more tighter than the one's youv'e faced before Ella!"

"Thank you for your concern your highness  but I-" Ella was just about to finish her sentence when Octavius interrupted her once again,
"Ella, please rest and by the way" he paused "Its Octavius, not 'your highness' "

Saying that he smiled and left. Ella wanted to get up, but her wounds needed rest, so that is what she did.

Elijah's troops were all scattered around Dolcenia, searching for their queen on their King's orders. Elijah had gone mad ever since Ella had vanished once again and the subject of his wrath were his soldiers. He had dispatched most of his troops to search for her, for he knew she was alive and well, after all, he had been smart enough to not hit any vital points on Ella's body. He wanted his Ella within his grasp and every second in her absence he was getting more and more livid. 

Elijah had sent his special spy force to all the neighbouring kingdoms for any traces of Ella, but there was no source of news as far as possible. His soldiers had been incapable of retrieving her unconscious body from the river's strong currents, and later he had made sure to see to those incompetent fools.

In the throne room lay the bodies of all the three soldiers who had failed in getting Ella. Their states were so gruelling, that the soldiers on guard there had to do their best not to tremble from the sight in front of them. Their King was a madman in the current process and he would be till he found his Ella. 

Dolcenia was in a mess, as the soldiers knocked and interrupted houses and manhandled anyone who would object or question the reasoning. No houses were spared this process. 

The door to the throne room creaked open, and a shadowed figure entered the room, bowing his head in submission to his king in front of him.

"Your Highness, we have heard sightings of a lady washed down by the river, in a washcloth business. There were rumours that matched the description of our Queen sire, and for that reason, I believe that our queen must be there. So if you could give me permission to take troops to Eradon for further question-" the cloaked figure was about to complete his sentence when the sound of money bags falling on the floor made an impact. 

"There's your reward for the discovery, and as for you leading the search party, no need for that." Elijah's cold voice echoed through the room.

"But sire, what about the Quee-"

"I said no need for you leading the search party soldier, for I will be the one heading this expedition. After all what kind of King would I be if I did not go in the flesh to get my dear Ella back." 
He stopped to stare at the windows in the room for a second, an evil gleam adorning his face, "I'm coming for you Ella and this time you will not be able to slip away."

-----------------------------------------------------

No extra tingz cause I have to write more. [My period cramps are killing me, and I still have to have coffee to stay awake, but i also have chocolate hehe] over and out