The diplomat

It had been two days since Ella had been told to rest by Octavius. The treatment that she had been getting over the past days, had been nothing short of heaven, but Ella still did feel like Octavius had been hiding something from her. The feeling that she got around him almost felt familiar, but no matter how hard she tried, she could not pinpoint it out, so she just shrugged it off as paranoia, after all, he was a gentleman. 

The maids assigned to Ella were not quite friendly with her despite her attempts on socialising with them, so now she had just accepted the fact that hostility was in their nature. Ella had been feeling well enough to walk around, limping only here and there, so she had noticed one thing in the huge palace - nobody seemed friendly at all. She thought that it was because she was a stranger in the palace, but after a few more observations, she learned that they were not even friendly with each other. Right now Ella was standing near the hallway observing the happenings in the foreign castle, but this time she was taking time to observe their eyes, and she thought that she saw maybe a hint of fear? Shaking her head, Ella slowly walked towards her room. Her investigation was getting way out of hand and she blamed her paranoia for it all.

She huffed a sigh of breath and sat down on the soft bed given to her. Now that she was almost healed, it was time to unburden Octavius for she knew that he was King and had better things to do than caring for a sick pigeon like herself. Also, after all, that the crazy Elijah had put her through, she wanted to be free and independent and to depend on no man, not even Octavius who had been kind enough to give her a humble abode for shelter. She would always remain grateful for his kindness, but she wanted to leave now. Castle's made her suffocate and the guards constantly on her guard worsened her paranoia.

I have to talk to Octavius today. What he has done for me, I will never forget. But it is time for me to run along now, for I cannot stay stagnant in a place for a long period of time. 

Ella was busy in her thoughts when the door to her room opened and in came Octavius in all his glory. He always seemed happy to see Ella but never did his smile ever reach his eyes. 

He is a King after all. They cannot falter due to emotions. 

The sound of a cough broke Ella's daze and brought her concentration to Octavius. 

"I see you're almost fully recovered, Ella" Octavius for some reason looked kind of disappointed through Ella's eyes as if he wasn't actually happy for her recovery.

Ella started speaking in her mind. I must be going insane now.

"Yes Octavius and you are to thank for that. Thank you for all your pleasant actions towards me, but I really fear that my time over here has come to an end." Ella felt nervous while saying all this. I really do hope he understands, she thought. "I need to leave now Octavius for I do not want to stay here cooped up in a castle being protected from every single thing in the world. I want to be free, free from all of this" she pointed out while looking into Octavius's electric blue eyes. 

But then all of a sudden, Octavius grabbed Ella's hips and hugged her, caressing her cheeks with love in his eyes. Ella's heart was beating so loud, that she thought she would die of cardiac arrest right there and then. She had never been in a situation such as this and had no idea what to do.

"Octavius what are you doing?! Get off me!" Ella tried to push him away, but he was too strong for her and held her in his grip tightly. 

"Even I do not know what I am doing Ella, but I have never felt like this before in my life. I don't want you to leave Ella, and I know this sounds crazy but, I do not want to let you go anywhere away from me. Even if you are in the same castle as me, I feel crazy that you are not here by my side Ella. The day I saw you for the first time, was the day I felt feelings that I did not even know I was capable of. Please stay Ella. Stop running from your fears for I will help you face them, Ella. But, I just cannot let you leave now. I lost you once due to my mistakes and I am not doing that again Ella."

Ella's wild heart was beating wild with adrenaline. The words coming out of Octavius's lips shocked her. She sure did feel attracted to him when they met for the first time, but she never thought that he had held onto it till now. Ella had no intentions of loving a King of a Kingdom. She had had enough with royalty and wanted to run as far away as she could from it. 

"Octavius I canno-" her words were cut short by the feeling of Octavius's rough lips on hers. The kiss that they were sharing was not sweet and lovely but was rather filled with passion and ferocity. Ella's heart was beating so loudly that she couldn't differentiate whether it was due to fear or excitement. But no matter how attracted to him she was, she had made up her decision of not wanting to get involved with royalty and the man in front of her was no exception. Once Ella made up her mind, she stuck with her own decision.

A loud knock on their door interrupted their moment. Ella pushed Octavius away from her as he got distracted by the loud knocks and then wiped her lips from the kiss. 
"How dare you!" she seethed.

Octavius looked Ella dead in the eyes and whispered close into her ear "I do not regret that Ella and I stand by my words." 

Their ferocious gazes were then interrupted by a guard stumbling and falling in a frenzy as he entered the room.

"What is this behaviour soldier!" Octavius shouted, power and authority going off waves from his body.

"S-sire t-there's the King of D-Dolcenia" the guard whispered softly too terrified to even speak clearly.

"SPEAK CLEARLY SOLDIER!" Octavius roared

"Sire the King of Dolcenia is outside out Palace gates with his army and he seems to have a woman tied up with a knife to her throat. He is threatening us that if we do not let Lady Ella go to him. He will kill the woman and wage war killing thousands of innocents in the process!" saying this, the guard stopped to catch his breath.  

"Get the army ready for a battle, soldier! NOW!" Octavius ordered. 

Ella's heart was pounding and her tremours had returned once again. Elijah had found her yet again and wasn't going to stop killing innocents until she surrendered herself to him.

"I order you to stay here Ella," said Octavius, holding her chin up and locking their eyes.

"I have to face him Octavius. You cannot stop me!" Ella cried out in frustration.

"That is where you are wrong Ella. I sure can." The sound of a click echoed through the room. Octavius had chained Ella's hand to the bedpost.

"How did you even-?" Ella gasped in shock.

"This is for your safety Ella," Octavius spoke in a soft whisper, almost as if he did not want Ella to be involved in this matter, even though this was her fight to fight.

"This is not your battle OCTAVIUS! There are innocent lives at stake here" Ella screamed.

Right before the door closed and Octavius exited he whispered: "I know, but I cannot lose you again Ella."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sleepy now so I'm gonna sleep now since I have to travel to another state tomorrow and then another different state for my hostel two days after. I honestly am so scared to meet new people in my hostel in Odissa. I really hope I get good friends and my class XI and XII goes smoothly ahaha.

goodnight people. I'm scared to go pee now so I'm just gonna have courage and yeet myself to the toilet. Hehe