To observe.

Miss Burgundy was kind of a plump lady with black auburn hair and a menacing smile. In this castle, no one really seemed to be what they were. She had a very high air around her, and she was a devotee to King Elijah.

They were out in the palace garden which was filled with roses and daisies. The air was thick with tension and nervousness. Nobody was saying any single thing and this really troubled Ella. She could not stand awkward situations, so she attempted to start a conversation with her.

"The garden is quite beautiful," she exclaimed.

Miss Burgundy did not reply to her question. Her whole exterior was unforgettable by her attempt to be friendly.

With a sharp voice, she exclaimed

"Lady Ella, according to the Kings order, I am to teach you the behaviours and situations of a royal to be. I do not tolerate nonsense and I do know that our King does not too. I have no idea who you are, but from today onwards you are to be a lady."

Ella was about to say something when she was cut off by Lady Burgundy again
"And if you dare to defy me, then the King will know about it and I am sure that punishments are his forte"

Ella really did not like her. She seemed too uptight and obsessed with Elijah for her liking. She really loved the garden though, flowers were one of the things that made her heart flutter. She had a lot of them back at her home too.

Home. How her heart pained to think about her real home with her parents and the thought that she would probably never be there again. Even if she was going to escape she could not go back because she knew that Elijah would be on his toes to search for her and he would surely look through her room first.

The first lesson started in the garden. There was a small table with all kinds of cutlery and a tea pot and some biscuits. Ella was being taught by Miss Burgundy about the tea table manners of a true royal.
She kept scolding and sneering at Ella again and again and taught her in a very aggressive manner.

After one hour, it was the end of their first session. Miss Burgundy quickly ended her scoldings and walked away from Ella, because King Elijah had already sent a guard to fetch her.
To be honest, Ella wanted to roam around and explore a bit more but Elijah's orders were law, and nobody deified law unless they wanted to be executed and tortured. And of course, for Ella, her punishments would be there if she did anyways.

The guard that was sent was very handsome. Ella had never seen someone that beautiful, of course, Elijah's beauty beat them all, but the guard was also not less.
But his face had the same kind of emotionless look that all the people in the castle had.

The guard told her that the King had summoned her to his chambers. Ella's heart fell, hearing the mention of the King. She did not wanna go back to him, but unfortunately for her she had to.

On their way, Ella tried to converse with the guard. In order to follow her plan to escape from Elijah's clutches, she had to gather as much data as ah e possibly could.

She wasn't a dim bulb, she was actually quite smart to be honest.

In a soft and nervous voice, she questioned the guard "So you work for the King hug? "
Ella mentally facepalmed herself, of course he worked for the king! She was being stupid right now!

Nevertheless, the guard did not answer.

Ella then proceeded "Have you been working here long? "
The guard still kept on walking. His face devoid of any emotion.
It seemed like Ella really had to try hard for him to open up.
In this bloody palace, every acted and seemed like statues only made to do their King's bidding. But Ella knew that if she wanted any chance at escaping then she would have to melt down the exterior of those people and act as an obedient prisoner. After all, she couldn't have anyone knowing of her pan and then running off to the King to report about it.

She shuddered at the thought of Elijah finding out about her escape plan. He would surely do something unforgivable to her again.
Elijah was literally a bipolar being, not to mention psychotic.

He just couldn't see Ella being friendly or even looking at someone, be it a male of a friendly female. He would be too jealous and then get mad over her interactions with others.

The two were about to reach the King's chambers so as a last desperate attempt at making the guard talk, she clutched his arm gently and looked into his eyes.
"Please tell me something about the King! "
The guard was about to open his mouth when they heard a voice behind them speak.

It was the voice of her tormentor, chilly and void of any emotions.

Ella turned around quickly, only to see the one person she had been meaning to avoid all the ducking time.
"What are you talking about my love? I think I told you that you were mine and that touching or even talking to anyone else was forbidden!" he seethed with a voice filled with malice. He was definitely holding himself and his anger back.

Elijah had seen his Ella holding the arm of a mere common guard and this had gotten him crazy and all caveman. Anger was clearly radiating off his whole body and he was shaking with restraint.

Elijah was going to kill the guard and
skin him off and feed his body to the vultures.

The filthy guard didn't deserve to be touched by Ella.

Ella was only his to touch. His to hold. His to love. His to torture. His to break and his to look at. And he surely couldn't let any other person who was trying to get close to her, live.

It was time for him to teach his little one a good lesson again because it seemed like the earlier ones hadn't quite gotten to her.

He sinisterly smiled.

It was definitely showtime.

----------------------
Not proofread. I wrote this chapter from my phone so I'm gonna proofread it through my laptop later.

1080 words
----------------------