The Date

Hey guys! I'm so happy! I made it to 60 views! Please voted and comment to give me feedback! Love you all so much! As always please forgive spelling and grammar mistakes!                                                                                                                                                         -Addy

Anne heard a car pulled into the driveway. She had a sick feeling in her gut that she just couldn't shake.  She listened to Carter's footsteps walk up the stairs. The feeling got stronger. Carter knocked on the door and Anne panicked, What if Josh came by to see her? He would know something was up if she wasn't at her house! What should she do then?! She couldn't lie to Josh. Calm down she told herself, everything is going to be okay. She reached for the door with a shaky hand and opened it. Carter was standing there, she realized just how much taller he was than her. He was only twenty but he was already six feet tall.   Carter held out his hand and she took it.  Only once, she would only have to do this once.

    Carter had decided that they were going to stay in for their date. When they reached his house he told her to sit on the couch. She looked around for Josh but he wasn't  there. 

"Carter?" Anne asked.

"Yes?"

"Where's Josh?"

"Why do you want to know? If you want him to walk in and rescue you I'll let you know that that's not going to happen."

"No, I don't want him to save me," Anne said slowly " I'm just curios to where he his, so he doesn't interrupt our date."  inside Anne did really want Josh to walk in and save her  but she had to play it like she did really like Carter, at least until the night was over.

"He's at a friends house, going to stay the night." Carter said absently 

"Who's the friend?"

"Your sister. Amy."

"oh" 

"Hey what kind of pizza do you like?" 

"I'm allergic to gluten and dairy." Anne lied

"Oh, well your loss." 

Carter sat down on the couch and put his arm around Anne's shoulder. She resisted to urge to squirm or punch him. They watched a couple movies and Carter tried to kiss her a few times but she always managed to avoid him by running to the bathroom or blowing her nose in a tissue. By the end of the fourth movie Carter looked pissed. 

"Anne," he said in a low warning voice "Come here." 

Reluctantly Anne walked over and sat next to him.

"If you don't kiss me then I'll hurt Josh next time I see him."

Anne didn't know what to say so she shook her head. Carter leaned in and Anne closed her eyes and leaned in as well. He tasted like salt. She hated every single second of it but it was for Josh. And she knew that she would kiss Carter a thousand times before she would let Josh get hurt.

                                                                                       ---

"So Amy, how do we find out what Anne and Carter are up to?"

"We could go to Anne's apartment. Or your house."

"I think we should start at Anne's house. If she's there then we don't have to suspect anything."

"OK"

Josh and Amy climbed into Joshes old truck and drove to Anne's house. They walked up the door and knocked twice. 

"She's not answering." Josh said, a panicked  look on his face. "What if she's hurt? Carter wouldn't hurt her would he? Is she cheating on me? What if she doesn't love me? OH my God Amy! What if shes dead?!"

"JOSH! I've already told you that she loves you a lot. She would never cheat on you. And Carter..... well I don't know about Carter. But shes certainly not dead."

"Then we have to go to my house. If Carter did force her to do something, then he would go back to our house." 

                                                                               ---

Anne heard a knock on the door. "Hey Carter someones at the door!"

"Who would be hear at this time?" his face paled "Anne hide! Go into my bedroom and get under the bed. Don't make a sound!" Carter instructed. Anne nodded her head and went to hide under Carter's bed. She heard the door open. "Carter, where is Anne?" She almost jumped out from under the bed, it was Josh, but he sounded really mad. She held her breath and waited. "I don't know what your talking about. She's probably just at her house, sleeping, like you and I should be."

"Fine. Amy are you okay to drive home yourself?"

"We took your car Josh. But I'll just get a cab." Carter watched as she walked down the sidewalk.

"She looks really good. You could just dump Anne and date Amy."

"Not in a million years jerk. I know your only saying that because you want Anne. Now tell me, WHERE IS SHE!" Josh yelled

From under the bed Anne heard a loud thump and realized that Josh had pushed Carter into the wall. 

"Whoa bro! I don't have her! You can look around if you want. I promise she's not here."

"And if she is here I will personally kill you."

Anne heard Josh walking around the house. When he flipped on the light switch Anne held her breath. As much as she wanted to crawl out from under the bed and fling herself into Joshes  arms, she knew that Carter would eventually exact his revenge on Josh and she would never let that happen. Josh left the room and completed his search. He returned to Carter and told him that he knew something was up then he left. He was going to stay at another one of his friends house, Phillip was his name.

                                                                               ---

After Josh left Carter came into his room and told Anne to come out. 

"Come on we are going to bed." 

"NO! I told you one date not a sleepover!"

"If you don't I'll hurt Josh AND Amy."

"Hurt them then. They would rather be in pain then let me sleep with you!" Anne turned around and crossed her arms.

"Oh Anne," Carter said in a tender voice "They will never know. Just once then it's all over and they never get hurt. Not one single ounce of pain. They will be happy and unharmed. All you have to do is sleep. That's all. Just sleep it's not hard thing to do."

"I will NEVER, EVER SLEEP WITH YOU!" Anne turned and ran out the door, she ran all the way home and flung herself onto her bed and curled up in a ball. She cried herself to sleep.