Amy Henry

Amy woke up to the sound of her alarm clock beeping. She quickly got up and climbed down the ladder of her loft bed. She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She got dressed. Today she picked out a yellow romper with flowers on it. It had a soft braided belt and a pair of matching sandals.  She waltzed over to her full length mirror.  Satisfied with her appearance, she trotted downstairs to the kitChen,  Amy picked up a blueberry muffin from the cardboard box sitting on the island.

 "Sweetie, those are for the bakery." Amy's mother, Elizabeth Henry owned a chain of bakery's around the U.S but only worked at the local one. 

"Well, I have to eat something."  Amy said.

 "Fine, but only one."

 "yeah yeah yeah. " Amy knew her mother could always make more.

 "I'm meeting  Josh at the gate. We're walking to school together. Going to talk about this girl he has a crush on."

 "That's so sweet. Bring him a muffin. What's the girls name?" 

"Anne Marshal." Her  mothers face paled and she gripped the marble counter. 

"Are you okay? Mom? Hello!" Amy waved her hand in front of her mother's face.

"Oh yes. Sorry. Bring a muffin to Josh and head to school." Casting a weird look at her mother, Amy walked out of the giant house and to the gate. 

"Hey Josh! You should have seen my mom just now. We were talking about Anne and her face got all pale. It was weird." 

"Great your mom doesn't like Anne, now give me the muffin." Amy rolled her eyes but handed Josh the muffin anyway.

***

When they got to school Josh went to English and Amy went to Math. She was hoping to  see Anne in the hallway so she could talk to her her about Josh. Amy was the schools matchmaker but she never saw Anne as a possible match for her best friend. To be completely honest, Amy saw herself and Josh as a couple one day. Amy didn't like Josh that way but still thought they would be a cute couple. Plus, Amy thought, it would get me closer to his brother. Amy had a long-time crush on the playboy of the school. She was the first one to like him, before he had ever become Carter the hottest guy in school, each week showing up with a different girl on his arm. RING! Amy shook her head and hopped out of her seat. She rushed to the girls bathroom, she had hoped Anne would be there but she wasn't. 

"She must be at the restaurant today!" Amy smacked herself for being so stupid. 

RING! Amy walked through the door of the Sinking Ship and nearly ran into Anne. "Anne! I need to talk to you." "Is this about the catering. I can take your order now if you want?" 

"No.  Do you recognize the name Elizabeth Henry?"  Anne eyes widened she recognize the name alright. That was the name of the women her father had cheated with. "No." Anne said. 

"Oh. Okay. Sorry to bother you." Amy walked out the door and hurried back to school. 

"She diffidently knew my mothers name." Amy said to Josh. "But why would deny she  it?" "She has the rights to her secrets you know. It might not be as bad as you think." 

"you're just saying that because you like her! I'm telling you, she has a secret and I'm going to uncover it."

Hello ya'll!  Thank you so much for reading!  If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote, and if you have any feedback, it is most welcome.  

- Addy