To a better life/ The End

Hey guys! I sorry to say that this story is coming to a close. But I have happy news! There will be a squeal! This has been a incredible journey and it would not have been possible without any of you. I love you all so much! As always please excuse all grammar and spelling mistakes! Enjoy the final(story chapter) of The Poetry Journal!

                                                                                                                              -Addy

POEM BY ANNE MARSHAL

RECORDED ON PHONE

My life was broken by an angry storm, a confusing, awful, insane, miserable storm. That night, the night this all began, I was a normal girl. A girl in need of a loving father and mother. My mother stopped caring, my father died, I stopped working, and I was stolen. I no longer want a solid life, I want a life far away from everything that had happened. I want to become a strong, new woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, she will not feel love or pain or even happiness, she will be a lone wolf. She will not get hurt.

Carter had kissed her at least three times today. He had tried to get her to sit on his lap but she refused politely. She wasn't she wasn't anyone's anymore. 

"Anne baby?"

"Yes Carter?" Anne called from the kitchen

"Can you make me a sandwich?"

Anne sighed, boys these days. "Sure. Would you like ham or turkey?"

"ham."

Anne brought Carter his sandwich and sat down next to him. 

"So Anne, have you called Josh or Amy? Or anyone? Because I thought one of them would come for you by now."

"They must not care about me as much as I thought they did."

"That's true. So I guess your mine completely now. I like that. Kiss me."

Anne leaned forward and he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her onto his lap. She pulled away and struggled against his arms.

"Don't fight Anne. I know you like it." Carter whispered into her ear. Anne nodded and relaxed slightly. 

"Kiss me again."

"No, I think I need to go make myself some dinner now."

Carter loosened his arm around Anne and she slide off his lap and ran quickly to the safety of the kitchen.

                                                                 ---

Anne quietly slipped off the couch. She grabbed her tennis shoes and black hoodie from her backpack Carter had brought to the house. She pulled open a drawer in the kitchen and stuffed the cash into the backpack. Finally she slipped out the door and closed it silently behind her. Anne turned and ran down the street, setting a steady pace moving farther and farther away from the little city she called home. Her eyes stung with tears and she almost looked back, but she didn't. She would never look back now, she was going to a better life.