Ch2: Murder

Rogue's pov

I walked through the pounding rain, the darkness hiding me perfectly. The only source of light in the streets was from the lightning that momenteraly lit them up when it crashed through the sky.

I walked up to Totumaru's house, eyes narrowed. I walked around the back of the house to his kitchen window and turned into a shadow, entering the house before turning back.

I unintentionally knocked over a can that was on the worktop which clattered to the ground. I heard Totumaru turn off his Lacrima vision and get up, walking over to the kitchen.

I turned into a shadow, hiding as he entered the kitchen and looked around. He saw the can on the floor and picked it up, shaking his head.

He put it back on the counter and went back out into the living room. I came out of the shadow's and drew the katana that I had bought this morning.

I snuck up behind him and stabbed the katana right through Totumaru's stomach, removing it as he fell to his knees. He looked to me, fear clear in his eyes.

I looked down at him with hatred. "Why would you-" be coughed but was cut short as I smached the side of his face with the katana. "You took her and now you'll pay. She is mine and only mine" I growled, digging the katana through his chest.

He took one final breath before collapsing limp on the floor. I smirked and looked up only for my eyes to widen.

Starlight was standing there, eyes wide in fear with a bag dropped at her feet as she looked between me and the body that lay on the ground. 'Dammit. I got careless and didn't check the scents' I thought.

I stepped over Totumaru's body and grabbed Starlight's chin, pulling her face up so she was making eye contact. "You saw something you shouldn't have my queen but you won't tell anyone" I told her, the blood on my gloves staining her face.

"You can't stop me. I thought Sabertooth was different but you would murder an innocent person" she spoke, twaes in her eyes. "This isn't Sabertooth's doing. They don't know. I choose to do this because he stole you from me" I replied, still holding her face.

"I wasn't yours to begin with" she spat back. "Let's put it this way. You won't tell anyone about this and will do as I say or someone else dies. Someone from your guild" I told her. Her eyes widened in shock. "Y-you wouldn't" she stuttered.

"I would kill everyone in this country to make sure you remained mine" I replied. She looked down. "Alright. I won't tell" she responded. "Good girl. Now you'll listen to me. If I catch you speaking to any boys that aren't Gajeel or his exceed, I will kill them. Do I make myself clear?" I explained. She nodded.

"Good" I told her letting go of her chin and picking up my katana. "I don't want to do this but so that it doesn't seem suspicious that you got out unharmed, I'm going to have to hurt you. I'll be gentle though" I told her.

Begrudgingly, I swing the katana and sliced a wound on her arm and her side before turning to leave. I turned shadow and left, leaving Starlight in the house alone which I didn't want to do but I needed her to stay there when someone else went over and called the police which I knew would happen.

I went to a stream and washed the blood off of myself before finally heading back home.