Ch8: New Home

Starlight's pov

I woke up, surrounded by unfamiliar scents. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a double bed with black covers and sheets. The room itself was dark. The black curtains were drawn closed and the only light coming from the opening in the door.

I sat up and picked up on the sound of rattling. I looked to the source and found a magic concealing handcuff attached to a chain that was on the bed post.

I tried to bite into it but it was enchanted to ensure that I couldn't eat it. I heard footsteps coming towards the room as I began to panic.

The door opened and my panic was replaced with dread. Rogue had walked in, holding a tray with food on it. He looked towards me and gave me a smile like we were good friends.

"I see your awake my queen" he smiled. He placed the tray on the bed and sat down next to me. "Don't look so startled. Your safe here" he told me, leaning forward and putting a hand under my chin.

"Where am I?" I asked, my entire body trembling. "All you need to know is that it's your new home" he told me, tracing his fingers over my skin.

He smile turned into a frown. "I should have taken you long ago. You were never safe in this dreadful world" he stated. "I was perfectly fine where I was. You kidnapped me" I snapped.

"No. That was Sting. He did that because he wanted me to stop killing people. He won't rat me out though. I know that" Rogue explained, his eyes cold at the mention of his supposed best friend.

"My friends will find me. They'll make sure you get put in a prison cell" I spat. His frown deepened. "It seems you need to learn who's in charge here. I make the rules. You will obey me" he growled, standing up.

He walked over to the door and closed it. Once he had locked it, he walked back over to me. I backed up as far as possible, trying to get away from him but he grabbed one of my wrists and pulled me forward so that our faces were right next to each other.

My entire body was trembling. Rogue had a completely demonic expression in his eyes. One that wass hungry for murder. He placed his free hand on my shoulder. My eyes darted to that hand in fear.

Pain filled my side as I took in a breath of shock. The hand on my shoulder had been a distraction. I looked back at Rogue. He was holding a knife that was stained in red blood.

"Its a shame that I have to resort to hurting you. Hopefully you understand the rules. If this doesn't work then I'll kill someone else in your guild" he explained to me, eyes narrowed and full of furry.

He then looked down at the blood on the knife. "You have pretty blood though" he stated, watching as the blood dripped off the knife.

He then got up. "The food's yours" he explained, walking over to the door, taking the knife with him. "You'd better eat it" he added then left the room.

Rogue's pov

I left my room, holding the bloody knife. "Oh my god. Rogue what did you do?" Sting asked, eyes flicking between the knife and me. "She wasn't listening to my rules. She knows the punishment if she disobeys" I explained.

Sting's gaze flicked over to my bedroom door. "If you even think about going near her. I won't hesitate to hurt or kill you" I growled, tightening the grip on my knife.

"I won't. I wasn't planning on it" Sting explained. I just walked into the kitchen and began washing the knife.