Ch5: Strike 1

Rogue's pov

I sat in the apartment, running a hand through my hair. "Hey Rogue" Stinng called from the kitchen. 'He better not be cooking' I thought. Sting wandered out, a bowl of sweets in hand.

He sat down on the couch next to me and took some of the sweets from the bowl once he had placed it between us. "If you keep eating junk food then your going to gain weight. You know that right" I sighed.

"No. I'm not" Sting objected though it was muffled since he had stuffed sweets in his mouth. "Anyway. I wanted to talk to you" he explained. "About what?" I asked.

"You've been kinda distracted over the last few days. I wanted to know what's got you distracted" he explained. "Nothing" I replied calmly.

He looked at me for a second then frowned. "Don't lie to me Rogue. Ddo you like someone?" he asked, leaning in. "No" I lied. "Your lying. Who is it? Are they in Sabertooth?" he asked.

"Why is it any of your business" I asked. "Is it Gajeel?" he asked in a joking tone. I punched him for that. "Owww. I was joking you know" he whined.

"Its not a funny joke" I growled. "OK. OK but if you don't tell me then I'm going to take one of your notebooks and read them aloud to the guild" he told me.

I froze. 'Crap. The notebook that I have the plans for Totumaru's murder is at the top of all my notebooks. If he reads that aloud to the guild then everyone will know that I'm the murderer' I panicked in my head.

Sting seemed to take my silence as the idea that I wasn't going to tell him and started walking towards my room. "Wait. I'll tell you" I grumbled.

He spun around, big goofy smile on his face. "Great. Who is it?" he asked. "Starlight Redfox" I grumbled. "No way you like Gajeel's sister?" he asked in surprise.

"Yes. I already told her yesterday and we're a couple now" I partially lied. In my eyes we were dating. It had just started longer than a day ago.

He looked shocked. "Can you please leave me alone now" I grumbled. I stood up and walked out the door. I eventually found myself in Magnolia and decided to check on Starlight.

While I was searching for her, I found her, talking to the two boys who Levy almost always followed her around. Well, they were talking to her but she was trying to get them to leave.

I walked into an allley and watched them, a smirk forming. They'd have to die tonight and my queen would have to be talked to. This was Strike 1. Sshee had 2 more before I would keep her away from the world.

I headed back to the house and started to plan how I would kill them both.