Ch6: 2 More Dead

Rogue's pov

I sat in my room, scribbling notes in the notebook I had used for Totumaru's murder. My door opened and before I got the chance to look, an arm wrapped itself around my shoulders.

"What are you up to?" Sting asked. I quickly covered my notes with my arms and looked at Sting. "Nothing" I replied plainly, keeping a straight face. Sting scrunched up his eyebrows before he tried to move my arms off of the notebook.

"Why are you writing about two of Fairy tail's members?" he asked. I started to panic in my head. I quickly flipped the notebook over before Sting could get a chance to read what was written on it. "I'm working on a project. It's secret though" I replied, not able to come up with an excuse.

"Can I join in? I love secret projects" he smiled. "NO!" I yelled. Sting was taken aback by my tone and had lifted his hands up in defence. "Sorry. I didn't mean to yell but it's a single person project" I replied.

"Anyway. I need to go out. See you later" I added, putting thee notebook in my drawer and grabbing the bag that had my new weapon, gloves and the clothes I would wear to murder people. Its easier with different clothes. Sting said nothing as I walked out of the house.

Sting's pov

Once I heard the front door close, I opened Rogue's drawer. The notebook he'd been writing in was at the top. I took it out and went to the couch, sitting down.

"What do you have there Sting?" Lector asked. "It's Rogue's notebook. He has a secret in it and I want to know what that secret is" I replied. "Fro thinks too" Frosch purred, throwing her paws up.

I opened the notebook and looked over the first page. My breath caught in my throat. At the top Totumaru was written and underneath it was a bunch of different murder methods. Some had been scribbled out but the one that hadn't perfectly matched Totumaru's death. I read it over.

'Obtain a new katana but make sure there are no fingerprints. Wear gloves and break into his house. Kill him then wash clothes in a nearby stream and dry them in the bathroom so Sting doesn't get suspicious'

Totumaru's address had also been written and tracked over with the pencil multiple times to make it bold. I flipped the page to the one that had Jet and Droy written in its title spot.

Once again there was a bunch of murder methods, some scribbled out and their addresses written in bold. "I need to go" I told the two Exceeds before getting up and running out the house.

I didn't bother to put on a coat, I just ran. I went to Jet's address first. I looked in through the window and froze. Both males were in there but they were dead.

What scared me was the person standing over their dead bodies. They had short black hair styled into a fringe. They had a plain grey shirt and black leggings on and their blood red eyes appeared to be glowing in the dark. It was Rogue.

I tried to back up but tripped over my own feet in fear and fell backwards into some bins. They made a massive noise and you didn't need dragon slayer to hear it.

I quickly hid behind a pile of empty boxes that had been piled up and tried to slow my breathing. Rogue appeared in the alley hrough shadow form and looked around. Blood covered his clothes and the katana in his hand which was gloved.

My breath caught in my throat as he looked in my direction. I closed my eyes, hoping he'd glance over me and wouldn't notice my scent. I heard a growl and then footsteps coming towards me. The strong stench of blood started to get stronger by each passing second and I was trying my hardest not to throw up.

Suddenly a hand grabbed onto the collar of my shirt. I was lifted up and my back collided with the wall. I opened my eyes and came face to face with Rogue and to say he looked mad was an understatement.

"You went through my things" he growled, tightening the grip on my shirt. "I'm sorry. I-I was just curious" I apologised. Rogue's expression changed from furious to insane. He let out a dark chuckle, eyes closed.

"Oh well. Guess I'll have to kill you now" he laughed. He placed his other hand on my neck and started to squeeze. I felt the air leaving my lunngs as I struggled.

"R-rogue..... Stop..... cough....... I..... Cough..... Tell" I choked out. His grip loosed as I gulped in air, satisfying my burning lungs. I looked up to Rogue. He seemed to be in thought.

He then dropped me onto the ground as I sat there, legs spread out. "I'll let you live but you won't tell anyone. If you do I'll kill whoever you told and then you" he threatened.

"I just have one question" I whispered. He stared at me but didn't answer. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. That insane look returned.

"Everyone I kill is for my queen so that she can be happy" he replied, having picked up the katana and tightened his grip on it. I gulped.

Rogue had gone crazy. "I believe I can trust you Sting" he spoke. I was surprised. "You wouldn't sell out your best friend would you?" he asked.

I gulped. He was right. Rogue was my oldest friend besides Lector. I couldn't just let someone arrest him and how would Frosch react.

I just nodded. "If you show that you aren't lying to me right now. Then you'll live" he told me before he turned to a shadow and left. I just sat there, frozen. 'My best friend was a murderer. What do I do?' I thought.

I eventually got up and headed home. When I did, Rogue was already in his room. "Sting. Is everything alright?" Lector asked. "Nothing. I'm fine" I replied, going into my room to sleep.