Ch11: Realisation

Gajeel's pov

I opened my eyes, being greated by pain in my left shoulder and part of my chest. I tried to push myself up then decided against it because the movement hurt too much.

I finally decided to look around. I was in what looked like an infirmary. I picked up the smell of medicine from somewhere and decided that I was in either the guild infirmary or a hospital and that I wasn't dead. Why I was here still eluded me.

Suddenly everything that happened flooded into my head at once and I remembered what happened. Salamander and I had found out that Rogue was the murderer and that he was hiding her somewhere. He then killed Natsu and was going to kill me but didn't.

The door opened and I instantly thought that I was in trouble because I thought it was Rogue. My breathing picked up as I thought he'd come to kill me or something and it's not like I could fight back. There was no way I could fight when trying to sit up hurts too much.

I calmed my breathing when I picked up on Levy's scent and saw that Lucy, Erza, Levy, Happy, Lily, Gray and Gramps walked in. "Gajeel. Are you OK?" Levy asked.

"I've felt better" I mumbled. "Gajeel. Did you see who the murderer was?" Gramps asked. I opened my mouth then closed it. If I said it was Rogue then Levy would die.

"I didn't see their face but I saw a red eye and a long black Cape with some sort of symbol on the left shoulder in white. It reminded me of a black flag one would fly on a boat when someone's died" I explained. I couldn't say anymore but hopefully that was enough of a hint for them to figure out who it was.

"But Starlight said eyes. What happened to their other eye?" Gray asked.

Levy's pov

"I don't know. It must have been covered or something. It was like this" Gajeel explained, putting one hand over his bandaged eye.

The door suddenly slammed open. "We heard what happened. Is Gajeel OK?" Sting asked, standing in the doorway with Rogue. Everyone began paying attention to Sting except Gajeel.

The two appeared to be having a silent staring contest and Gajeel seemed tense. I tapped Gray's shoulder. "What's wrong?" he asked. I gestured for him to keep his voice low then pointed at the two.

Rogue now stood nearer Gajeel. "What's with them. I thought they were getting along fine after the games" he whispered. I looked over Rogue. Then it hit me.

Red eyes, the right one covered and a long black Cape with a white symbol on the left shoulder. "Gray. I think it was Rogue" I whispered. He looked over, examined Rogue before his breath hitched.

We kept quite, not wanting to make a big commotion. There wasn't enough evidence yet and if it really was Rogue, he'd be smart enough to figure out a way to get out of this alive.

Sting and Rogue left after a while, leaving all of us in the infirmary. "You saw who it was didn't you Gajeel" Gray stated. "What are you talking about?" Gajeel asked.

"Was it Rogue?" I asked. Gajeel's breath got caught in his throat. "Guys. Don't accuse someone without proof" Lucy stated. "Gajeel. Whatever he has on you, we can prevent it if you tell us what you know" I advised.

He gulped. "Yes" he stated, shoulders tense. Everyone looked surprised. "Rogue did it. He's holding Starlight captive somewhere, he's threatening Sting to keep him quite and he tried to do it with me" he explained.

"What did he threaten you with?" Gramps asked. He pointed at me, fear clear in his eye. "He threatened to kill her if I didn't obey him" he stated.

"But if it was Rogue, how does he not have a single scratch but you do and Natsu was killed?" Erza asked. "He didn't let anyone get to him, he stabbed Natsu when he first tried to attack him and then killed him. He had so much blood on him and none of it was his" Gajeel mumbled, looking terrified.

"We need to stop him" I stated. "We could set up a trap. We could go over to Sabertooth and tell them that you told us who it was and that we're protecting Levy in the guild Hall. He'll come to the guild Hall and we can get him" Erza explained.

Everyone agreed to the idea. I was just scared that things would go wrong.