Ch3: Police

Gajeel's pov

I walked with Levy, Lily and Phoenix over to Totumaru's house. Levy had wanted to join us so we tagged along. We arrived at the house and knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

Nothing

"Maybe he's sleeping and didn't hear it" Levy suggested. "But Starlight's in there, she would most definitely have heard it. She's complained to me about Gajeel's snoring before and he's on the other side of Lily and I's room" Phoenix explained, giving Gajeel a look.

"Hey. I don't snore" I snapped before knocking on the door. Still nothing. "OK. That's it" I growled, kicking the door down and entering the house.

The moment I entered the building, the strong scent of blood hit my nose as I covered it, trying to keep myself focused. "Gajeel? Is something wrong?" Levy asked. "I smell blood and its pretty fresh" I replied, looking around.

I went into the living room, catching Starlight's scent but Totumaru's scent was stale. I looked around and saw Starlight, kneeling on the ground, back towards the hall door.

"Starlight!" I yelled, running over and checking her. I saw blood dripping out of a wound in her side and arm as she stared blankly in front of her.

I looked at what she was starring at and was in complete shock. Totumaru lay dead on the ground, blood dripping from the side of his face, his chest and his stomach.

"What happened?" Levy asked, her hands in front of her mouth. "Not sure but I think Starlight's in shock" I replied, shaking her shoulders only to receive no response.

"I'll call the police" Levy explained, looking for a communication larcrima. While she did that I tried to get Starlight to respond but all she did was stare blankly at me.

Eventually the police arrived as well as an ambulance. A doctor took Starlight outside as I followed. The doctor placed a blanket over her shoulders and started to talk to her, trying to calm her down.

The police went inside as I looked dto Levy. "I'll stay here. You go inside" she told me. I sighed but agreed, walking into the house again. The police were looking over the body and looking for any clues in the house. I tried to catch any scents but the only scents I caught were Totumaru's and Starlight's which means that whoever it was that did this must have masked their scent.

Eventually they went back outside and when I went out as well. Natsu, Wendy, Sting and Rogue were all standing there as Wendy and Natsu were asking what happened.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "We heard the sirens of the police and the ambulance and all followed from different directions" Sting replied. "Totumaru's been killed. I tried to catch a scent but whoever it was masked their scent" I explained. Everyone looked surprised or confused.

Rogue's pov

I listened to what everyone was saying as they discussed the events of the murder. A doctor had been talking to Starlight to get her out of shock and I cursed in my head. 'I shouldn't have left her. I should have taken her with me' I thought, annoyed that I had left her to go into shock.

"Ma'am. Did you see anyone come into the house?" a police man asked, crouching next to Starlight. She didn't respond, just stared at nothing.

The police officer got up. "I'm afraid that until we can find evidence that it was someone else, our only suspect is Miss Redfox. Their's no sign of a break in" he explained. I felt my blood boil. How dare they accuse my queen of murder' I thought with a growl.

"M-monster" she whispered, body shaking. "I think she's coming out of shock" the doctor explained, turning to face her. I restrained myself from running over. It would be suspicious if all of a sudden I was embracing her when I'm not usually a touchy person and no one has ever seen us interact.

"Ma'am, did you see who did this?" an officer asked, looking at Starlight. She nodded slowly. I clenched my fist. If she said my name then I'd have to kill everyone here then I'd run away with her. That way no one could find me.

"Could you tell us?" he asked. "T-they had r-red eyes but that's a-all I saw. I-it was too d-dark to see p-properly" she responded, shaking. I saw her eyes snap towards me quickly as I gave her a smirk, still standing behind everyone else so they wouldn't have seen it.

'Good. She didn't tell them' I thought. Everyone began talking because no one could figure out who this red eyed person was and the doctor explained that it couldn't have been her because her shock and fear were far too serious to have been faked.

However, people were suggesting that the killer wanted Starlight alive and that's why her injuries weren't severe since Starlight mentioned having not fought back against the killer. I still felt pleased with myself. No one knew it was me. They couldn't link me to anything. Now I just needed to talk to Starlight in private again to establish a few more things.