Forgiveness?*

Elijah trained harder than before, she did everything double her amount, and even took down a punching bag. By the time she finished she went through three water bottles and was drenched in sweat. She drank a fourth water bottle and got ready to do her cool down. After she finished that, she recycled the bottles, and gathered her few things. She put her ear buds back in and left the gym. As she walked down the street she blared Queen through her headphones, it was the only music she truly liked. She listened to it and walked slowly. She was going to stop and get something to eat, but then figured that there would be plenty of leftovers in the fridge, besides she did tell her mother that she'd come right home.

By the time Elijah got there, she could tell that the Avengers were still inside. There were so many voices she could hear, and it made her wonder, 'Gosh, do they really want to hear mom and I fight?' 

Elijah still listening to music, came through the front door, and walked straight into the kitchen. She walked past the Avengers (and her mother) and went straight to the fridge. She grabbed an apple, a pear, and some left over pasta, then sat down to eat. Once she was finished, she quickly cleaned up her mess, turned off her music, and turned around to face her mom and the Avengers. She noticed that they all look a bit uncomfortable, and her mom has dried tears on her face, she's never seen her mom cry before last night, so it was a bit surprising (especially since for most of her life Elijah has believed that her mother's never cared about her).

It took a minute for someone to start speaking, and it was her mom. She clearly saw that Elijah wasn't going to make the first move and knew that if she wanted to talk with her daughter, she was going to have to be the one to start the conversation.

"Elijah, I wanted you to meet the Avengers," she looked to the avengers, "Introduce yourselves."

"Clint."

"Steve Rogers."

"Bruce Banner."

"Tony Stark."

"Wanda."

"THOR!"

"Bucky Barnes."

"Sam Wilson."

"Vision."

Elijah stared at them and smiled. Technically she already knows who they are, but they can introduce themselves if they want to, it's the least they can do since they've never known about her. After the introduction an awkward silence follows, for them, not Elijah (she's internally laughing at how they're feeling). 

Not knowing what to say Tony blurts, "So, as your favorite avenger?"

"What?" Elijah said surprised, not expecting that as the first question. "Did you say favorite avenger?"

"Yes, I would like to know if I have to add to my fan club" he replies smugly.

"Maybe you're the favorite too little boys, but as you can tell I'm not a little boy."

Tony sat there shocked, same as everyone else. They did not expect her to say that. Natasha started giggling, the one thing that she does know about her daughter is that she has a great personality. It's always been able to make her laugh, and those times have always been Elijah's favorites. Seeing her mother laugh at her comment made her smile (but also made her upset since her mother's never really been a mother and shouldn't feel like laughing at this time), and it also caused a few others to start snickering at Tony's offense. 

"Ok then, who's your favorite avenger?"

"I don't have one."

"You have to have one!" Tony yelled.

"I don't HAVE to have a favorite, especially since you guys have caused a lot of damage, all without helping to clean it up. Why should I like you? Sure, you have cool suits, and powers, and skills, but come on... You guys aren't the best thing in the world."

They all sit there stunned.

"Always so political," Natasha whispers. 

After that the avengers got to know Elijah better (but they didn't learn very much). They talked for about an hour. She told them that she works as a SHIELD agent, that she's considered a better fighter than her mother, that she's a higher-level agent than her mother, and that the avengers aren't even considered level 1 agents. Eventually the tension growing between the mother daughter duo grew too much and the avengers decided it was time to leave. So, they all left, and Elijah and Natasha were left sitting together on the couch. 

It took a while to get started, but soon enough the pair were talking. They talked for hours, apologizing, crying, and laughing. It became clear to Natasha that her parenting skills are really bad, and that what she thought she was doing right, was wrong.  Natasha decided that she is going to be a better mom, she's going to show up, she's going to be more considerate, and she's going to try to bond with her daughter.

Of course, Elijah still had her reservations. Her mother's never been a mother to her, so of course she's going to have these reservations. But Elijah's always wanted her mother to love and care for her, so maybe that's why she ended up forgiving her quickly.

A/N: This chapter has been updated, sorry for the long wait (I haven't been in the mood to write for a while). please remember that the edited chapter will have an * in the title, so please do not read further than those (because I'm not totally sure what is or isn't going to change).