Free As a Bird

⚠️ WARNING THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE ⚠️

        Regina and Emma sat across from each other in the classroom, while Emma tried to think of a good way to say what she wanted to. Regina couldn't take it anymore, Regina told Emma that she was Intersexual, and they had been sitting there for 10 minutes. Emma hadn't said a damn thing.

        "You know what, get out." "Gina... w-what?" "Get the FUCK out of my classroom!" " But Re-" "No! I won't be with someone who won't accept me for who I am!" Regina yelled, standing up and pointing her finger at the door angrily.

         Emma's eyes filled with tears "Gina, you didn't even let me--" "I don't fucking want to hear it! JUST GO!" More tears escaped Emma's eyes as she practically ran out of the classroom. Regina watched Emma run off crying , her face red with anger and disappointment as, she got out the creative writing papers from Emma's class and started grading them.

--------------------------------

        Emma got off the phone with Henry's new day care, asking them to keep him the whole day, instead of just half. She didn't even bother to go to Chemistry, she just drove straight home, almost balling.

        Regina was the only person in the eighteen years that Emma was alive, that ever loved, or cared for her in slightest, the only person except her best friend August, and Ruby. Emma wasn't going to judge Regina or insult her, she was just trying to find the right words.

        Emma couldn't believe that she just broke up with her and kicked her out without even letting her say anything. Regina just assumed that Emma would hurt her. Emma walked into her condo, wanting only to curl up in a ball and shut everything and everyone out.

        Emma plopped onto her bed, burying her face in her pillow , continuing to cry. That's when she heard her computer ding. She grabbed it, and looked at the screen. A notification read "one new email" 

        Emma opened the Email, and her heart immediately sunk to her stomach when she saw the name and subject on the Email:

From: davidnolan @ fastmail.org

To: Emma Swan (Me)

Subject: You ruined my life 

Cc: None

Fuck you Emma Swan. 

        I can't believe we ever adopted you. I also can't believe that you told Mary Margaret what I did. She didn't believe you at first, and I wanted it to stay that way, but, then she found out it was true, and she is fucking divorcing me and kicking me out of the house. You destroyed my life, and I bet you are a terrible mother. You will just end up destroying your son too. I won't be surprised, you destroy everything you touch. Thats probably why no one loves you, and no one ever will. All you are ever going to be is a lonely, unloved, orphan. I wish you were never born, then we never would have adopted you, and my life would be perfectly normal. I hate you Emma Swan, everything is all your fault. Do everyone around you favor, and kill yourself.

        Emma started to hyperventilate as she finished reading the email, as more tears began to escape her eyes. The only thing that was going through her head was "What if he's right. Everyone would be better off without me. No one loves me. I will only hurt Henry too."

        Emma tried to steady her breathing, as her sobs got louder. She slowly stumbled into the bathroom and started to rummaged through the cabinet. She found a prescription pill bottle labeled Xanax extra strength.

         Emma took a deep breath as she read the label. "To not take more that two tablets within a 24 hour period." Tears continues to wet Emma's face as she set the pill bottle down and opened the drawer. She carefully picked up the metal object that hadn't been drawn across her skin since she was fourteen years old.