Chapter 8

Lisa's POV

The next morning, when I fell asleep after that hot steamy sex with Jennie, I woke up with her not beside me. I got up quickly and scanned on the bed cover at the thought that it was all just a dream.

When I saw the red blood stain in the sheet, a satisfied smile crept into my lips. Good.

I get dressed and started looking for Jennie. I saw her at the living room and she's talking with my friends. Chanyeol and Jungkook. 

I can't help but to eavesdropped on their conversation. 

"Where do you live in New Zealand?" Jungkook asked. He is the number gossiper in our circle of friends.

"My mom lives in New Zealand, I don't. Sort of." Jennie answered. "I'm always in other countries because of my job as one of the Journalist. Ahm, example, I have to write an article about fine restaurant for date and all that romantic stuff, I'll choose a country with restaurants that has stunning romantic ambiance and the company will pay the expenses of my travel."

"Wow." Chanyeol breathes out, amazed. "What a great job you have."

"Yeah." Jungkook agrees. "Do you write an article every week?" 

"Yes. But sometimes there are articles that I don't need to go to other countries just to write." She smiled while she said those words. "My boss is just sometimes demanding. That's why he is sending me to other countries so that the articles that I wrote will have something nice inside."

Jungkook frowned when she mentioned her boss. "Are you the only one out of all the Journalist in your company that your boss is sending to other counties?"

"Only me." Jennie said. "Cause I am the one who is writing for the special page of our magazine that's why I need to write something special or something nice."

Chanyeol was about to open his mouth to talk when our eyes meet. Amusement dance on his eyes as he smiled cunningly at me. "Does your boss like you?" Chanyeol asked Jennie straight to the face.

She coughed at what Chanyeol asked. I wanted to strangle Chanyeol with my bare hands for asking that question. Does he need to ask her that question? Does he need to slap it to face that I am not the only one that is attracted to her? That I don't have a chance? Okay, I'm over thinking this.

I waited patiently for Jennie's answer. My fists were clenched while waiting for her to answer. Whoever that Boss of hers is, he can't have her, She had already given herself to me. She's mine, damn it!

And then the woman who made me irrational these past few days answered. "My boss? Ahm, he gave me flowers and hinted as much but I don't want to assume. He's a good guy."

Chanyeol smirked at my direction. "Really? Your boss gives you flowers? Hmmm, maybe he really likes you."

My mood darkened even more. I wanted to twist Chanyeol's neck but I stopped myself from doing it. I'm eavesdropping for crying out loud.

Jennie shook her head. "It's nothing. He's just my boss and I'm just his employee." 

At what she said, I feel like I was swinging in heaven. My mood lightened. That's better. You have already given yourself to me, so you're only mine, Jennie. I declared.

Jennie's POV

I carefully get out of bed without waking Lisa up. I tiptoed as I pick up my scattered clothes on the floor and put them on.