Chapter 18

Jennie's POV

I smiled grimly when Kai hugged me to say good bye. He would stay here in Busan for one week cause he wants to make Lisa jealous but he is abrogated. He won't listen to me that's why. I already told him that nothing will happened but he still keeps on forcing it.

He's really persistent to invest on Lisa's company.

It's not on his plans to celebrate his New Year here in Busan but because of me and his plan, he was forced to celebrate his New Year her in Busan.

"Are you going to be okay here?" He asked after he pulled away from the hug.

"Yes."

He nodded. "When are you going back to New Zealand?"

"Three days from now." I let out a deep breath. "We were planning to go back next month but Sunlife Financial Insurance called for dad's insurance, they need to talk to us before January 10. They said that the contract will expire already and they need my signature and mom's signature so that we could claim the money."

Kai smiled then messed my hair. "Well, see you in the office then."

"See yah, Sir."

His face soften and he is looking at me attentively. "Just hold on tight. I am believing that that moron loves you."

I look down. "Just go now, maybe you'll just say other things that are full of lies."

Kai chuckled lightly. "Okay, agape. Stay strong." He leaned in and kissed my cheek rendering my capability to speak. "Happy New Year again and have a safe trip."

Until his car disappeared in front of me, I was left staring at the sky above me. Did he just kiss me? I quickly look around if anyone is around that could possibly seen him kissed me.

I was about to sigh in relief that no one had seen the kiss when my eyes settled on the woman standing in the balcony and her brown doe eyes were shooting daggers at me.

Lisa... My heart whispered.

I quickly look down and went inside the house. Maybe It's time that I should accept the fact that Lisa will never be mine.

Lisa's POV

The beast inside me is roaring in so much anger and jealousy. I've been reining my jealousy and anger towards Kai every time that I see him with Jennie, talking and laughing.

I thought that I would get used to the pain that I'm feeling every time I see them together but I was wrong. I won't get used to it cause every single day that pass by seeing them together makes me feel more and more pain in my heart.

Now, I am asking myself. Does Jennie love me or was it just me, assuming? A woman will not surrender her body to a man if she doesn't feel anything. But maybe, in Jennie's case, it's different. Maybe she has her reason. A reason that is different from what I am assuming.

Every day whenever I see Kai in our house, I want to send him away or evict him from our house but my mom was the one who offered him to stay in our house until he'll leave. That's why when Bambam told me that Kai will go back to Seoul today, I wanted to celebrate.

But that celebration quickly melted because I saw Kai kissed the cheek of the girl that makes my heart beat fast when I'm around her. The scene nearly killed my heart.

I felt like my heart had been stabbed for a million of times as I look at the woman I love in the arms of another man. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. All I could do is glare at them.