Chapter 9

Jennie's POV

Christmas had passed without even a single greeting from my dear mother. It seems like she left me alone with Lisa. It's now already December twenty-seven and the rain had also passed and Lisa promised me to bring me to Busan tomorrow morning. Speaking of that possessive lunatic, Lisa enter her room and stride with confident towards me.

I crease my forehead when she laid down a black gown in her bed. The dress was breathtaking. Whoever designed it must be blessed by God.

I look at the dress as if there was a poison with it. Even though I really like that dress, still, I don't wanna wear cause Lisa touched it. My feeling is getting hot by that thought.

I look up at her. "What will I do with that?"I ask while pointing at the dress she just laid down.

Lisa look at me like I'm the dumbest person on earth. "Sweetheart, that dress is design by the World's finest fashion designer, Krystal Jung. Wear it. We're going to attend a charity ball tonight." 

I look at Lisa who I considered a fiend from hell. "I'm not going to the Charity Ball." I said with my hard voice. "I'm not fond of attending those gatherings. Just go by yourself. I rather sleep." I arched my eyebrow at her. "And please, don't call me sweetheart."

Lisa heave a deep sigh. "That Charity Ball is for Battered children and women. I thought women are helping each other. And also, If you're coming with me, I might donate one or to million to the Charity."

My face grimed. She really knows how to convince me. I'm not a strong supporter of Charity Ball but every time I am invited at those events in New Zealand I do not reject. I even donate money to charity sometimes.

And I can't believe that Lisa's donation to this charity relies on me. This girl is so irritating. She's really using charity to make me come with her.

"Are you blackmailing me?" I ask while glaring at her.

"If that's what you call my invitation, then yeah, I am blackmailing you." She said with a shrug. "Anyway, dress up."

I took a look at the clock at the night stand. It's already six P.M. I sigh as I silently accepted the invitation. "What time are we leaving?"

Her eyes glistened in triumphant. She is so happy to know that I agreed to come with her. "Seven-thirty."

"Okay." I stand up and took a towel from the closet. "Get out cause I'm going to fix myself. I don't want to look like shit in that Charity Ball."

Lisa smirked and then it feels like lightning hit my heart when she pressed her lips on mine. I was surprise at what she did that's why I didn't have time to react until she pulled away from the kiss.

I can still hear the thundering beat of my heart as Lisa walk towards the door and left the room. I pressed my left chest where my heart is cause I want to take my heart out of me and let it calm down. Shit! C'mon heart, don't betray me. I already tied and cage you; all you have to do is to stay still. I can't let it go out of the cage.

I forbid my heart to beat for that fiend woman.

I went inside to the bathroom and took a bath. I took my time cleaning myself. I used cherry scented body wash. When I went out of the bathroom, the clock strike seven P.M. I only have thirty minutes to make my self beautiful.

I put on the gown that Lisa gave me and examine myself at the mirror. The gown hugged my curves perfectly. It even emphasizes my medium size breast and my small waist line. The dress was beautiful, but it is suited for a conservative woman.