Chapter 9

School sucks, honestly. It's not even me being an over dramatic mutant teen. It just.. sucks. Peter is the only good part of this. But I'm trying to make this work, this whole being "normal" and stuff. I'm doing for my dad. I'm at lunch, i can't find peter. Like anywhere. I spot Ned at a table. "Hey ned, have you seen peter". I ask him. "Umm no i haven't". "Oh ok, it's I've been looking for him, it's like he disappeared" i laugh a little to clear the awkwardness. "He does that a lot".

A voice says from behind me. I jump and quickly turn around. "Oh shit hey Mj, haha, you scared me". She doesn't change her facial expressions. My phone starts to ring. It was my dad. I didn't want to answer it because of the meeting thing. But i did anyways. "Hello?" I say. "Hey hows school kiddo?". "It's okay i guess. So far we just talked about stuff I've already learned and 'how totally cool and awesome' Tony Stark is" I'm sarcastic during the last part.

"He is one cool dude, glad they are teaching you about legends" he says super cocky. I roll my eyes. "Im going to come pick you up". "Okay? For what?". I ask a bit confused. "I think we should hang out. And i have a few errands i need to run and i thought we could do that together." He's clearly trying to be nice. "Is this because of the meeting tomorrow?" "Well no, not completely-.". "Okay, Who's coming to get me? Steve? Happy? Nat?" "I am." I spit out my drink.

Ned looks at me confused from the other side of the table. I give him and weird awkward smile. "You can't come get me. Remember, Mr. S T A R K". I say trying to remind him. "I got this covered, see you in an hour" he hangs up. "Okayyyyy" i say to myself out loud. "You okay?" Another voice says from behind me. "Shit You have got to stop don't that- oh- Hey Pete, i thought you where MJ" he laughs a little at the fact he scared me. "Where have you been?" I ask him.

"Oh um, t-the L-l- library" he looked away from me when he said that. the funny thing is, i checked the library, he wasn't there. Caught in a lie Parker. "Oh okay". I won't let him know what i know. "Y/n Smith to the main office" is said over the intercom. "Gotta go". I grab my bag and wave at Ned and Mj. I walked away from Peter. "Where are you going?" He says walking after me. "library" i said with a blank face. He stopped walking, hopefully catching on that i caught him.

I get to the main office, i walk in and go to the desk, i tell them my name and they point behind me to my father. In what looks like Steve's clothes and a baseball hat. You could tell they where not dads cuz they were a bit baggy. "Hey kid" he gets up. "Really?haha Steve?". I laughs at the outfit. "It's the best i could come up with." We laugh and get into the million dollar car. He went through all this work yet used this car, he says it's the "cheapest" he has.

"So what are we doing?" I ask after a little bit of driving. "Shopping". "Shopping? Like my kind of shopping at the mall or like your kinda shopping?". "Yours, i thought we could just do some stuff together". He's being weirdly nice, i know he's trying to make up for the meeting tomorrow but this whole thing just seemed a little... planned.

We get to the mall but he has me get of the car first. He comes out about 4 minutes later in his usual suit and glasses. "How the hell are we supposed to shop when your all Stark-y". I internally face palm. "We will be fine, if anything happens, I'm Iron Man" he smiles. "And who am i? Your assistant?" I say hurt cuz i know people can't know I'm his daughter. He ignore the question and starts walking in. Immediately eyes shift towards us as we walk in. Very soon 4 body guards walk in after us.

They surround us as we walk through the mall. I find the first store i could and bought at hat and some sunglasses. Trying my best to keep my identity secrete, as much as i hate it, i know shit could get a whole lot worse if people knew. We went to a few stores, bought some shirts, some shoes. Dad wanted to go to Gucci. It's not my style but he had a field day. We decided to go to the food court. We order food and sit down. We got like this huge area so no one could sit near us. And the body guards watched us.

"Dad-." I start to say but there was a loud noise from somewhere near us, everyone looked around. Then another one. Gunshots, everyone started freaking out and running. They started to shooting at dad and i. "What the fuck?" I duck under the table. Dad calls his suit and steps into, he's starts getting everyone out. And the body guards are doing their best to fight off the attacker's but it's not enough. I look over from where I'm hiding and i see a little girl hiding under a table, there's an attacker right near her. I motion for her to be careful, and she nods, when she did that it moved the table.

The attacker turned sharply and went to grab her. I couldn't let that happen. "HEY! how bout you pick on someone your own size?!". I stand up so he can see me. "and what are you going to do??" He yells back at me. "I'm.. not sure, I've just always wanted to say that." I charge at him, keep in mind I'm a pretty damn good 'assassin' so i held my own when fighting. He kicked my stomach causing me to fly back, he grabbed the girl, she's screamed. "Ok ok" i breath out of breath trying to get up. " just let here go, she's nothing to you, take me". I hold my hands up in surrender.

He let's go of the girl and pushes her away, she runs. He starts to walk towards me, he grabs my wrist then jumps in pain. "What the hell?!" He stares at me. My veins glowing, my eyes orange. He shakes it off. He punched me right across my face. For some reason it didn't hurt, i just made me turn my head. But it sure as hell pissed me off. I look back at him, and fear suddenly appeared in his eyes. I looks down at my hands that had full fireballs in them. "Awesome" i mumble to myself. I crack my neck and look back up at him. "This is going to be fun" i smile.

We start fighting, me with the advantage of fireball. He picks up a chair and hit my to the ground when i wasn't looking, grabbed the gun closet to the and went to cock it but i grab it away from him, burning his arm, leaving him yelping in pain. Something on the gun caught my eye, something engraved on the side. "Stark Industries". What? I turn around the the guy laying on the ground in pain, i hit him in the face, and he passed out. I grabbed him shirt and pulled the id out of it. "Nathan Lance, Stark Industry, Security guard".

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!!" As i said that, dad comes running back in. He looks at me, rage fills my eyes, my hands start to heat up even more. "DID YOU DO THIS?!". I yell at him. "What?" He looks away. "DONT PLAY FUCKING STUPID!! DID YOU DO THIS?!". He didn't say anything for a moment. "Y/n your hands.." he looks at me. "Stop deflecting the question Anthony." I move closer to him. "Did you plan this?!" I ask once again. "I was just trying to protect you-,". "PROTECT ME?! BY SENDING YOUR EMPLOYEES TO KILL ME?!?!"

I scream at him. "They weren't going to kill you, only scare you so i could see if what Peter said was true". "OH MY GOD ARE YOU CRAZY?!? YOU JUST PUT HUNDREDS OF PEOPLES LIVES ON THE LINE!? YOU JUST HIRED PEOPLE TO SHOOT AT YOUR DAUGHTER! And I'm not even going to address the fact that peter told you!", "do you not understand I'm trying to protect you," He to move closer.

"PROTECTING ME IS BUYING ME CAR INSURANCE, CALLING SCHOOL WHEN THERE A BULLY, NOT SENDING A FUCKING ASSASSIN GROUP AFTER ME TO SEE HOW ILL FUCKING REACT! God are you this shitty of a father that you don't understand that?!". I'm so mad i can't calm down. "Y/n look at you right now, i needed to know this, you weren't going to tell me if i asked, so i needed to find, a way to figure it out on my own. I need to know how to protect you so you don't hurt yourself of anyone else. And figure out how this happened."

"What to know how this happened? I left school in Russia to go to another boarding school that turned out to be a gang school that taught assassins, they trained me, one of their best actually, but they also experimented on me. Leaving me like this." I scoff. "See how easy that was, nobody's life was in danger". I start to walk away and grabs my arm. I shove my hand at him and fireball shoots back, he flys across the mall. I don't even hesitate, i walk away.

I start walking home. The sun started to set and it began to get dark. "fuck" i whisper to myself. I'm not calling for anyone, and I'm no where near home. "Language" Someone says from behind me. I'm extremely annoyed as it is. I sigh, i turn around to see Spider-Man, hanging upside down. I punch him so hard he falls to the ground. "What was that for?!" . "Your big as mouth!" He as his mask on. "Y- y/-." "Why the fuck did you tells him!" I start to get Pissed again. "I- i was trying to protect you-." "GOD IM SO SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE TRYING TO PROTECT ME! just leave me alone". I start walking away. "I'm sorry y/n i-.".... "fuck you parker".