Chapter 1

Alice

My vision was a blur right now. My mistress held me by my collar as she glared at me through her dark vermillion irises.

She smirked at me, showing off her repulsive fangs and threw me onto the coffee table. Pain shot through my body as the glass splinters pierced my skin.

The rust and salt smell of blood was enough to make  her hiss with hunger. In a flash, she held me by my throat. Her long fingernails dug deep into my skin.

She held me so tight, I was unable to breathe. I tried to kick her, only to hurt my foot in the process.

I forgot Vampires had granite hard skin.

She smiled at me, an angelic, but deadly smile which creeped the hell out of me.

And then, without a warning, she sunk her fangs into my neck. All I could do was scream due to the excruciating pain it caused me before everything blacked out.

****************

I woke up to find myself tied to my usual pole in a dingy corner in mistress's bedroom.

I was bound to the pole by an iron chain that was hooked to my brass collar.

My head, arms and back hurt.

Slowly, with shivering fingers, I started picking out the tiny glass splinters from my arms.

I had been so sure that today would have been my last day alive . I had lost a lot of blood, but the chemical she kept injecting me with made sure I was kept alive.

Alive to go through all of it again.

Slowly, a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away, but betraying tears still escaped my eyes. I tried in vain to wipe them completely, the tears kept coming.

I was a pet, pets weren't allowed to  cry. Pets weren't allowed to do this, pets weren't  allowed to do that.

Pets weren't allowed freedom.

Pets weren't allowed to oppose the actions of their masters.

Pets were at complete mercy of their masters.

In short, pets led a wretched life.

Every single human was dominated by Vampires. Every human was vulnerable to them. Humans are either taken in as pets or killed. Some humans try to hide or fight back, but in vain.

Vampire were stronger, more agile and had stronger senses.
Humans didn't have a chance against them.

Everyday, every minute, every second is a nightmare for us pets. Vampires only saw us as blood bags to appease their hunger.

They used us for their wicked pleasures. They laughed when we squirmed under their torture.

But what could we do? We could only sit and suffer through all of this.

Death is inevitable, as we all know. But there are higher chances of dying earlier as a pet.
If a pet doesn't get killed, he/she still isn't safe.

When a pet reaches a certain age, they are sent to the gas Chambers, where millions of pets are slaughtered mercilessly each year to keep a check on the human population.

But in reality, death was a sort of liberation from the daily torture.

Numerous times have I tried to end my life, but it wasn't a pleasure when I was caught and punished.

And getting whipped isn't something people look forward to.

Olivia Rose has been my mistress since the past 2 years. I do not remember anything about my life before that. What I remember is that I was deposited in the auction venue 2 years earlier and was bought the same day by this ruthless vampire.

The auctioneer weighed me, checked my height, checked my blood type checked my body for scars and fang marks and then announced me as "Product in perfect and excellent condition."  I certainly didn't like the sound of that.

Then I was sold to mistress Olivia for an amount of 5 lakhs.

That very day I knew that I wasn't in for a smooth life.

I do not remember anything about my life before the auction, although I would love to know about myself.

But all I can do is bury my head in my knees and brace myself for more.

************

Hello dear reader!
Hope you liked the first chapter!
This is my first story on Watt pad and I hope to write many more in different genres.

Want to know more about Alice?
Stay tuned! 😊