Chapter 2

I woke up from my sleep, I could hear the sentry men going about their usual trips around the castle. The corridors echoed with the noise of servants running around with their daily chores.

A typical day in the castle.

As I rushed down the stairs, I found Theresa waiting for me at the bottom. She bowed down and said, "Miss Myra, Princess Stephenie is waiting for you in her chamber."

I nodded and made my way towards Princess Stephenie's room. I pushed open the huge Rose wood doors, nodded in response to the salute given to me by the two guards and knocked on the door at the end of the corridor.

"Come in! " her familiar voice called out. I went inside to find her pulling her hair up into a ponytail. Her eyes grew wide when she saw me standing at the doorway.

" Myra!  I was waiting for you! " she squealed running up to me. " Good morning Princess Stephenie ,  I said as I gave her a warm hug.

She pulled me over to her closet. "Look Myra, please help me find something to wear."  She said.
I looked  at the different shades of jeans she had in her closet, pulled out a light shade, paired it up with a red tank top and passed it to her.
She looked at them and gave me a victorious smile " Thanks Myra, I knew I could rely on my personal fashionista!

I smiled at her and quickly helped her wear them.
She went out of the room, pulling me in tow for breakfast

Inside, I sighed. As the daughter of the late commander in chief of the army, the king had appointed me as the next commander in chief  after I had rescued Princess Stephenie from a bull, putting my own life at risk.

I was also her personal bodyguard too. This meant I had to wear an armor all the time. I never got time to try anything on myself.

But I could always try everything on my best friend  Princess Stephenie.
Ever since we were little we adored each other's company and vowed to be best friends even after death. I'm her Guardian for life.

'I am Myra' I thought ' and I vow to protect Princess Stephenie from any harm that comes her way.'

********

I woke up in the middle of the night again. It was the same girl in the dream that came every night. I saw the dream through Myra's eyes, so I could not see her face. I could not recognise Princess Stephenie's face either as it was a blur.

I caught handfuls of my hair in anger. The same dreams repeated in succession. Every day the I saw the same dream about the warrior named Myra who is bent on protecting Stephenie. This dream haunted me everyday!

I rolled over on the floor, thinking what I thought everyday, 'Maybe it will stop tomorrow'. What else could I do, other than going back to sleep?

**************
Stay tuned for updates!