Chapter 18

Daniel

"Where are you taking me?" Myra asked as we sneaked into the castle dungeons through a trapdoor next to the fort.

We climbed down the broken staircase. I then lowered her down into a hole in the floor.

" Where are we going Daniel tell me! This place smells like dead rats. "
She complained.

I ignored her and stopped at the exact place. I told her to stay back and aimed a punch above.

The corner of the floor came crashing down. I heard footsteps above. I gestured her to come forward after I made sure the floor wouldn't fall onto our heads.

Of course it wouldn't kill me, but Myra wouldn't be so lucky.

I hoisted her up and followed after.

Hundreds of guards were crowded in the corner of the huge cell. They were surely scared, wondering why the floor broke like this.

And no, I wasn't talking about the Lord's guards.

I was talking about Queen Catherine's guards. The guards of Myra's army along with the guards from my Kingdom.

My guards recognized me and bowed down.

Myra and her guards stared at each other for a while, suddenly she started sobbing.
Her guards ran to her, anearly tripping on their feet and pulled her into a group hug.

They all cried, hugging each other.
It was so sweet, it looked just like a mother caring for her children and vice versa.

Myra looked at me and whispered.

" Thank you for bringing my family back together. "

She knew I would hear it amidst all the sobs.

*******************

We went back the way we came. Just as I had expected, the guards of the dungeons had gone to hunt, leaving no one to guard the inside. I figured there would be two guards at the entrance which was inside the castle.

No one knew of this trapdoor entrance other than me and Myra.

We helped each other get out of the hole and finally the trapdoor.

But as soon as we got out, the few rays of sunlight that passed through the rainforest fell on all the guards.

All of them groaned and fell down, unconscious. Myra started panicking as she tried to shake them awake.

She turned to me, a tear rolling down her cheek. " Daniel..." 

I shook my head, "Someone drained their blood Myra, whomever it was didn't take back the venom, just like the Lord."

I kept a hand on her shoulder as silent tears trickled down her cheeks. Her expression was blank as she stared at the sky and said.

"They'll pay. "

*****************