Chapter 11

Alice

I woke up with a jolt again. This time the dream was....... weird.

Master was by my side in a flash.
" What happened? bad dream?" he asked, worry evident in his voice.

I nodded, wondering if he could see me in the dark. He could have, because he lay a hand on my forehead and told me to go back to sleep.

That was when I noticed I was on the bed. He must have  put me here while I was asleep.

He got up to go back, I quickly caught his hand.

He turned around  and I realized what I had done.
I let my hand fall and whispered " Please don't go."  Somehow,  I felt safe with him.

He sighed and lay down on the bed beside me. I curled up into a ball as his arm wound around me.

I let out a satisfied sigh and closed my eyes, drifting back into sleep.

**************

I was searching for Stephenie all around. It was her coronation day today and she was nowhere to be seen.

The guards and the maids were searching for her while the Queen was addressing the guests and the subjects.  

Stephenie's friend Bella was also searching for her with us.

I heard a noise from one of the rooms. I ran inside to find Carlos holding her by her throat. He smirked at me and jumped out of the window. "Stephenie!!!"   I screamed, running towards the window.

Strange, Carlos looked so different. His eyes were red while his skin was so pale.
He also looked more beautiful.

I ran back out of the room, only to meet a ghastly sight.

There were bodies of  maids and guards on the floor. Blood stained the carpet.

I went to them, trying to shake them awake.

But they were all dead...

I screamed and looked around, screaming even more when I saw the Queen lying near the staircase.

I took off, running, but I was blocked by a guard. He was part of my guard.
His red eyes looked at me hungrily.

The traitor.

I took my sword  and fought, killing him easily. But more guards blocked my way.

I killed them too in no time and ran to the Queen, taking her head in my lap. Her eyes rolled as she came back into consciousness.

" S-Stephenie....."  she choked, pointing to the library.

And then her body went still.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried in vain to shake her awake.

Screaming, I ran to the library, pushing the the large doors open.

Darkness surrounded me.

" Carlos! " I screamed "  Where are you?  Leave the Princess! "

He came out from the shadows, holding Stephenie by her throat.

You insulted me didn't you Myra? Now I get my revenge. I told you I will pay you back. What can you do?  You're just a mere human. " Saying so, he slit Stephenie's throat with a piece of glass as I watched in horror.

" Stephenie!! No!! " I screamed, running towards her as she fell from his hands.  I caught her before she hit the floor.

Tears made their way down again as I shook her " Stephenie!  I'll save you, please stay with me!  Can you hear Me...? Please  Stephenie...  Wake up...." my words broke into loud sobs.  She lifted her hand and caressed my cheek.

" Nothing can save me now... " she whispered. " You will avenge this won't you Myra.... Show him you are not a mere human... Show him your power... Show him you are a tigress.... " She whispered.

"  You  are the greatest friend I ever got. You were my mother and sister.... Alas, now I must go.... "

No please Stephenie... " I sobbed.

She smiled and  leaned up, kissing my cheek.

Then she smiled again and whispered "  Thank you Myra"

Her breathing stopped and her body went still. Her heartbeat faded away under my hand.

She was gone......

I gasped when I felt someone pull me by my hair.  I saw myself face to face with Carlos.

He sniffed me and said" I'm so sorry Myra, but you hurt my ego and I had to punish you for it.

I felt a jolt and sharp pain on my side. Blood seeped from where he stabbed me. I gasped as he stabbed me again.

" Now you don't have to worry Myra, I won't kill you, I have much more in store for you. "

I hissed as he smirked at me . He caught my chin and continued"  You must be aware that I'm not human anymore Myra,  I'm a vampire now. Count Eleazer changed me In return for taking over the kingdom.

He smirked again while I drifted off into unconsciousness.

Darkness consumed me.....

****************

I woke up  screaming my head off. Master held me in his arms while he comforted me.

I melted into sobs, crying loudly into his chest. Shivering with fright.

" Was it another nightmare? "

I nodded, still crying.

He sighed and  patted my back, trying to soothe me, but in vain.

***********

Stephenie is dead! 😨😨😨😧