Chapter 4

Alice (the last chapter in Alice's POV)

I was fast asleep after my meagre meal of spinach and cabbage soup when I heard mistress come inside in a rage.

" You Bitch, why are you sleeping near my bed? " She shrieked and caught my chin.

I blinked in surprise. I was nearly 3 metres away from her bed. She glared at me for a second, then she closed her eyes and when she opened them, they had changed color.

I shuddered. She whipped my face to the side and lowered her face to my neck. I felt the sudden sting when she thrust her fangs into my neck. She gulped down the blood fast deliberately, causing  it to hurt more.

Tears streamed down my face as the beast drank in more of my blood. Minutes later, just as I was beginning to fall unconscious due to the loss of blood, she pulled away. Her eyes were back to their normal colour.

She then went to the huge cupboard to get something. I knew exactly what it was.

Drowsiness had overpowered my senses. Everything I saw was a blur. She held a jar with a strange colored liquid inside. She was going to inject it into me to keep me alive. So that my blood count was normal.

As she injected it, I felt the terrible burn flowing into me. The acid spread across. It felt as if it was setting my organs on fire. Like I was being burnt, ripped apart from the inside.
It was horrible.

I'm my drowsy state, I lifted my hand to plead with her to stop it, but I pushed it out of her hand by mistake. She gasped as the chemical burnt her skin. It probably didn't hurt her though.

I stared in shock as the burn healed itself, I lifted my head to look at her.

She was really angry.

She let out a sharp hiss and sped to the cupboard and back in a flash.

I looked at the object in her hand and froze.

It was a whip.

"You bitch, how dare you! " she shrieked as she lifted the whip.

The sound of the crack of the whip in mid air was enough to send bullets of sweat down my forehead.

I raised my hand to shield myself from the lashes.
The first lash fell on my palms.

" Aaaaahhh!!! " I screamed. Keeping  my hand close to my chest and bending over on my knees.

She continued whipping me, the lashes fell on my back and arms now. I was still drowsy but could not ignore the stings on my back.

After a long time she stopped, threw the whip onto the floor and pulled her hair up into a ponytail.  She then smirked at me and went out of the room.

I kept my gaze fixed on her until she walked out and locked the room behind her.

My back and arms still hurt. I buried my head in my knees and cried. I couldn't  hold back the tears anymore. I let them flow. I looked at my wounds and noticed deep cuts all over my body.

I wish I was free.

I looked out the window and my breath caught in my throat. I saw a male vampire sitting on the branch of a tree.
He was the most beautiful vampire I had seen, none like the various males mistress made love with every night.
I had to always watch that as they did everything in this room.

But he was different from every other vampire.

He had dark coloured hair and deep black eyes. His eyes showed a mixture of sympathy and anger. His eyes had tints of red around the edges, which meant he was angry a few moments ago. His pale skin was silver in the moonlight.

He was marvelous.

I quickly looked down, realising that I had been staring at him in the eye. I wasn't supposed to do that.

I looked up again, half expecting him to whip me for looking him in the eye.

But he was gone.

************

Oooooh I see love in the air.
😚
Want to know more about Alice and Daniel?
Stay tuned!