Chapter 3

Daniel

I stalked my prey. He continued walking forward, but kept glancing behind occasionally. He could sense that someone was following him. It was dark, only the streetlights guided him.

He stopped a few seconds later, turned behind completely, shrugged and continued walking forward.

I kept myself in the shadows, waiting for the perfect time to attack. He turned left into a deserted alley.

Too bad he didn't know his way around the city.

He came to an absolute standstill in front of a brick wall. It was a dead end.
Sighing, he turned  around  and stopped dead in his tracks. Staring at me, fear evident on his face.

I slowly walked toward him, he smelled absolutely delicious and I was incredibly thirsty.
"P-please" he begged. He knew exactly who I was.

I came to a stop, exactly at a distance of 2 metres  from him. Crossed my hands on my chest and said " Too bad you tried to escape. The Lord is certainly disappointed that his best pet tried to escape."

I started walking towards him again, my hands in my pockets. "I have strict orders you see...."  I closed my eyes letting it sink into him and quickly opened  them  "... and no one defies the  Dark Lord"  I said as my eyes flashed a deep vermillion.

And then I shifted into a crouch and quickly pounced on him, going straight for his neck.

***********

I stood up, wiping away the  drop of  blood that dripped down my chin.

Man, that guy screamed so loud, it certainly would damage even a vampire's eardrums. His eyes were still open and his mouth was wide open with shock.

He looked kind of funny actually.

I turned around and started running back, leaving his body there. A warning for pets who tried to escape. I reached the castle back in no time.
A whirl of noises surrounded me as I went in through the large gates.

But one noise kept whirling around me in particular.

I could hear the lashings of a whip..... from Olivia's room. I shook my head in disgust, Olivia wasn't really my favorite person in the world.

I started walking again, when suddenly, I heard another, softer voice pleading with her.
It was a female pet.

" Please" she kept repeating, over and over. Her voice was barely a whisper.

I was mesmerized by this voice, I had to check who it was.
I ran back outside into the huge Orchard and climbed the tree which gave me direct access to Olivia's bedroom.

I saw Olivia inside with a whip in her hand. Her eyes were a deep vermillion.

Man, she was really angry.

I glanced at a small girl cowering at a corner.  The sight which met my eyes was astonishing.

She was so pretty.

She was a redhead of about 20 years, but she looked very young.  If it weren't for my vampire skills, I would have thought she was 17 or 18.Her bright red hair had a lot of volume to it and was wavy which came till her breasts .
Her eyes were a nice, rich chocolate brown which showed fear. Her skin was so pale and her features were so perfect,  I would have thought she was a vampire if she were not a pet.
Also her scent,  it was an unmistakably sweet scent that was rare for humans.
Her scent surprisingly did not remind me of the  delicious blood that was coursing through her veins.
But I could also  smell her delicious blood- O negative which was very rare and very very tempting.
But because I was fed, I didn't have the mood to go for the kill.