Chapter 22 - Love confessions and kisses in the kitchen!

Severus' Home, Spinner's End, Cokeworth, July 1978

Petunia escaped a little pleasurable moan as Severus kissed her. God, she wasn't dreaming. The intelligent, empathetic and handsome young man she was attracted to had really kissed her on the lips. Butterflies kept fluttering in Petunia's stomach. Life really was an awesome roller coaster ride. At the moment, she was on a definite high and she wanted to keep it at that as long as possible. She kissed Severus tenderly back. His luscious, soft lips tasted like an intoxicating mix of liquor, mint, and apples. They felt so soft and graced her lips so lovingly that she could cry out in pleasure and happiness. Never before in her life had a man kissed her so tenderly. He really treated her like some breakable, precious china doll and Petunia loved any minute of it. Sure, he had only kissed her for mere seconds. But his gentle gesture, shy smile, the boyish mischievous glint in his addicting onyx eyes and happiness radiating aura nearly blew her away.

She fell even more for him during this first kiss. Every boy before him had treated her like a living sex doll. Vernon had touched her breasts roughly with his meaty hands and shoved his slobbery tongue inside her mouth whenever he liked it. He didn't take no for an answer and touched or kissed her even if she hadn't been in the mood for it. Nowadays she knew that his behavior was inexcusable, selfish and a crime in itself. She should have escaped from his psycho-terror abusing hands and unwanted kisses a long time ago. But she had believed that he would be the only man who would ever love her, look at her with desire in his eyes and would want to marry her. His brainwashing tactics had nearly destroyed her. But thanks to Severus, she now looked forward into a happy, self-independent, self-confident and carefree future.

God, she missed his warm lips already and wanted nothing more than to kiss him again. Her heart beat wildly, nearly jumped out of her chest, as he held her in a tight, loving embrace and declared his feelings to her. She nearly couldn't believe her ears. He felt the deep connection, insane attraction and passionate feelings between them and wanted to act on them. God, he even invited her to an Italian dinner date in his fixed kitchen. Penne Napolitana – a meal that he would cook for her. Never in her life had Petunia felt so happy, loved and well-cared for. Severus was truly amazing, unique and special. She hoped that their mutual feelings would develop into an epic, true love story. But she shouldn't daydream about a far-away future. She should enjoy this moment. Receiving her first kind of love declaration from her former childhood nemesis, a wizard to boot, who she felt deeply attracted to and considered her new, best male friend, nearly reduced her to a giddy, happy schoolgirl.

Warmth rushed through her veins, send her heart nearly in an escalating mood, blushed her cheeks in a nice pink and plastered a huge, beaming and heartfelt smile on her face. She was so ridiculously happy that she nearly didn't notice Severus' self-conscious behavior. His huge, sparkling obsidian eyes looked afraid of rejection, his warm, regular breath didn't grace her cheek and his heart rate seemed to tumble down. God, he was afraid that she would reject his date and slap his face instead, before running screaming bloody murder out of his house. How could he be so insecure about her feelings? Hadn't she mere minutes ago confessed her feelings to him, returned his kiss and basked in his embrace? Well, she could understand his low self-confidence and fear of rejection to some extent, for she also always thought that no one could possibly desire her, want to spend time with her and love her. They were two kindred spirits. Two love-starved, lonely souls that only wanted to be loved and understood.

To free him from his insecurities, Petunia kissed him soundly on the lips. She tried to put as much passion, love, and desire into this kiss as possible so that he wouldn't question her wish to date him again. God, she loved the feel of his soft lips against her. And she loved to taste his unique mix of liquor, mint, and apples. She could kiss him senseless for the rest of her life. Especially, when his right hand caressed her cheek gently and his left hand stroked her lower back lovingly. A little moan escaped her mouth as Severus returned her kiss in fervor, pressing his soft lips firmly against hers and nibbling gently on her bottom lip. Hell, she went nearly insane with the desire to engage in a full-blown, battle of tongues kiss. But she didn't want to rush anything with him.