Part 1

I heard my alarm screaming at me at 6:00am in the morning. I slowly open my eyes and let out a small groan. I REALLY didn't want to go to school. I usually try to get to school early so I don't have to see a bunch of annoying people as soon as I come to school.

The house was quiet as usual. My father died when I was little and my mum left 2 years ago. so it was just me, myself and I. my mum left me to go to another state with another man. so I lived all by myself in a huge house all by myself. I get sent money from my grandparents every week, which is nice cause it feels as if my mother already disowned me.

I got dressed and headed to school. I don't live far so it didn't take too long. I head toward my class room and dropped myself on my desk and slowly dozed off to sleep. I woke up almost 20 minutes later due to all of the noise. Do people really HAVE to be that loud in the morning? where the hell do they get all that energy from? I rolled my eyes and rested my head back on the table as our homeroom teacher walked in. He took the role and waited for our math teacher to arrive. Mr. Han (the math teacher) hopped in and greeted us joyfully. He was in his 20s and seemed fairly young. He was usually smooth and easy going.

we were 10 minutes into math and the door burst right open, we were all startled and turned our heads towards the person in the doorway. It was Jackson seemed to be extremely pissed off today. "Jackson, if your going to be late could you please enter the classroom silently?" Mr. Han remarked. "Whatever" Jackson sighed back. without realizing it, I was staring at him, like death staring him. "The hell do you want?" he said coldly. I turned my head back into my arms and ignored him. "I asked you a question" he said slightly annoyed. I peer at him from out of my arms and give his a sharp glare, warning him to shut up. Everyone turned their heads at me, their eyes piercing through my soul. "none of your business you dim wit." I snapped. He marched up to me and pulled my hair along with my head. "what'd you call me?" he said angrily. "you heard me" I smirked as I pulled myself away from him. "stupid orphan" he mumbled. "excuse me?" I said, my voice slightly shaking. "you heard me" he said mockingly. He knew he hit a weak spot and clearly wasn't prepared for what was coming for him.

I got up out of my chair and punched him in the jaw and left a big, purple mark on his jawline. "Mina! Jackson!" Mr. Han Yelled. "Get out of my classroom right now!" He screamed. I had never seen him this mad before. We were both left wide-eyed as we both stared at each other dumbfounded. "Now!" he continued. We both walked outside while mr Han followed us. "If any of you misbehave, you'll all get a detention." He said, warning the rest of the class before he left the room. "What is wrong with you both?" He said frustrated. "sorry sir" we both said. "I want you to go to the principle, right now and explain why you both acted the way you did. "yes sir." we both said depressingly. we both lowered our heads as we walked towards our principals office. "this is all your fault" he whined. "oh, so everything's on me now?" I scoffed. "well yeah, your the one who punched me" he continued. "Well, maybe if you never provoked me, none of this would've happened." I said bluntly.

We arrived at the office and knocked on the door before coming in. She stared at us plainly. Every second that went by made each of us even more uncomfortable. The started tapping on the keys on her keyboard and opened up an email and read it aloud. "I'm sorry to have to tell you this Ashley. But, two of my students have already caused trouble within the classroom. Jackson walked in late and disturbed the class thus ending up getting punched in the face by one of my most hardworking students, Mina. Please correct those two by any means necessary. sincerely, Nick Han."

after she was finished reading, Jackson let out a small scoff. "is the something wrong" she said sternly. "Sorry miss, but that isn't what happened" he said smirking. "Then do you mind explaining?" she questioned. Jackson looked at me and smirked, I glared back at him and rolled my eyes. "Actually, why can't Mina explain?" he said. The principal stared at me awaiting an explanation. I let out a sigh and started talking. "When Jackson arrived late, everyone was staring at him, including me due to his loud as entrance. Then he asked me why I was staring and I didn't answer him. He then pulled my hair and demanded me an answer, I pulled back from him and that's when he called me an orphan. It pissed me off so bad that I punched him in the face." I said as my voice started to quiver. She then looked at Jackson who was staring back at her. "Jackson," she started. "You had no right to pull her hair, nor did you have the right to call her an orphan to her face". "But miss, she punched me!" he said, raising his voice while pointing to the big bruise on his face.  She then turned her head back at me, "Mina, violence isn't the answer to anything. I understand why you got mad, but I expect less violence. especially when at school." she stated. I didn't answer but she could tell that I understood what she meant. "Starting from tomorrow, you will both be suspended from school for 2 weeks. "Excuse me?" I said furrowing my eyebrows. "do you want to get expelled instead?" she said frustrated. once again, I didn't answer. "I'll expect a written apology to mr.Han and to each other before you come back, use this time to reflect on how your action effected each other and the upon the school." she said before sending us off. We both went back to the classroom and packed up our stuff while everyone stared at us blankly. I went back home and layed down in my bed. before thick tears started dropping down my face.