Part 11

I pulled out my phone and began to text Alice 

me: hey are you free tonight?

Alice Addams: Uh, yeah

Alice Addams: Why?

Me: do you want to come over to my place and have dinner with Elijah and I?

Alice Addams: Yess!!

Me: great!! see you later

Alice Addams: yeah, ok!

After school, I rushed back home and met Elijah.

"Hi Elijah!" I exclaimed. "Alice is coming over for dinner tonight!" 

"really?" Elijah said happily. I nodded my head in response. "you gonna invite that other guy?" he questioned.

"who?" I said in confusion

"I think it was Jackson?" the thought to himself

"Oh, yeah!" I said. "Yeah, I think I might call him along too". I pulled out my phone and began to text him. He immediately accepted and said that he'd come over as soon as possible.

TIME SKIP

it was about time for dinner and Elijah and I were getting ready to welcome our guests. when, suddenly, we heard the doorbell rang. We were both confused to as why, due to the fact that we weren't expecting anyone until 7 and it was only 6:30. Elijah quickly skipped towards the door and pulled it open. There stood Jackson, he was dressed fairly neatly and actually managed to comb his hair properly. I peeked my head out from the corner and felt my cheeks become slightly warmer. 

"Mina!" Elijah called out. "That Jackson kid is here!". Quickly, I pushed my head back and tried to fix myself up before emerging out from the corner. Jackson tilted his head slightly to get a better view of my face.  We both made eye contact and I saw his face light up. 

"Mina!" Jackson called out, pushing Elijah out of the way.

"that's disrespectful" Elijah scoffed jokingly as he shut the door. 

Jackson extended his leg, one after the other and quickly walked up to me. 

"um- your here a bit too early..." I said firmly. As I finished my sentence. I noticed his face become a light red colour.

"oh, um...I figured I could help you since I had nothing else to do" he replied sheepishly.  I turned back around to face the dining room and then turned back at him. No help was necessary, Elijah and I had already set things up prior to his early visit.

"I don't think there's much you can do!" Elijah interrupted, gaining both our attention. "Lets just wait for Alice to come around so we can start dinner" He rested his arms on both our shoulders. 

Ding dong!

The doorbell rang, causing all three of us to flinch. "Looks like your not the only one whos early, Jackson!" Elijah exclaimed joyfully as he skipped over to the door to greet who we assumed to be Alice. 

"Hello!" he said in a bright, bubbly tone. 

"Oh! Hi there!" said an unfamiliar voice. Elijah furrowed his eyebrows and look up at the sight before him. The person who he was staring at was not Alice. Instead, it was a man who I assumed was in his early twenties. Jackson and I let out a loud chuckle once we spotted both of their faces flushed with a tomato red colour. 

"u-um I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong house" The man stammered.

"no, its ok..." Elijah replied, almost instantly. Both there voices were quaking as they spoke.

"I think i'll go now" He said quickly as he attempted to break eye contact. 

Elijah nodded in response and slowly shut the door. As soon as the door clicked shut Jackson and I refused to keep in our laughter and let it all out at once. A face of shock and embarrassment was painted all over Elijah's face.

"u-um I think I have the wrong house" Jackson mocked.

"The look on your faces!" I said through my giggles.

"Its not funny!" Elijah scolded. "That was so embarrassing for the both of us!"

Ignoring Elijah's cries, Jackson and I toned down our laughter in an attempt to breathe.

The past few minutes was probably the nicest moment I've ever spent with Jackson...