Part 9

(back to mina's point of view)

"She seems nice!" Elijah commented as I shut the door.

"oh yeah, she really is!" I exclaimed. The truth is that it felt like she felt a bit out of place. She barely spoke and when she did it was obvious that she was feeling anxious. I understand how she felt though. After mum left, it felt like no one wanted me, so I'd distance myself to avoid anyone leaving me again. Elijah's voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts and brought me back to reality.

"are you ok?" he said softly, he was obviously concerned. I nodded and put on a slight smile, reassuring him.

"you sure?" he replied as if I was lying. 

"yeah, I'm just really sleepy" I replied as I let out a small yawn.

"you should go get some sleep then, don't you have school tomorrow?". I nodded and then made my way upstairs. its only been one day since I tutored Jackson and I'm already so sick of his attitude. his make-up test was only in a week, but to me It felt like over a year. How the hell am I supposed to tutor someone like him? He's a total idiot!

The next morning rolled around extremely quickly. I was definitely not looking forward to going to school today. I lazily hopped out of bed and got changed into my uniform.

As I walked through the loud and noisy corridors I suddenly felt a huge slap on my head. "not this crap again" I thought to myself. I spun my heel around and got ready to give him a nice slap on his face. my hand was stopped unexpectedly by Jackson's cold, large hand. 

"woah, ya don't have to go hitting me" he said 

"yeah, well if you wanted to get my attention, you didn't need to go hitting me on my head like that..."  I replied sheepishly

"well that's the only way I can get you attention" he grinned. I was getting ready to scold him for his stupidity but I was interrupted by his abnormally loud voice. "I just wanted to say thanks for yesterday." he said as he lowered my hand. "see you in class" he said as he patted my head and left me there, dumbfounded about what I had just heard. did he seriously just thank me? I was so shocked. I stood there in disbelief attempting to replay the last few minutes.