•How Lucky am I?•

I close my eyes to take a deep breath. I truly wasn't used to this city smog; the air stung my eyes.  I was grateful for this though. After all, my parents did spend thousands of dollars to fly me out to New York City and I wasn't planning on letting their money go to waste.

The bustling city was different from the crisp air of the countryside. I couldn't walk three steps without bumping someone, and it was giving me a headache to see the bright light glinting off the reflective glass skyscrapers.  I tried to steady my nerves as I told myself, "It'll all be worth it soon."

"Cecelia, the hotel is two more blocks. Think you can make it?" Asked my dad, now huffing and puffing.

"Yeah, it's only been a few blocks. A couple more couldn't hurt."

My mom squeezed my shoulder. "At-a-girl." She whispered as she winked. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and shrug her clammy hand off my coat. Picking up my pace, a looked around New York.

I smiled a bit as I saw all the cliches. It was exactly how I'd imagined it be... but smellier. And dirtier. No bother. I said. Just enjoy.

My eyes flickered to the right and a crowd caught my attention. There was a group of teenage girls, giggling and getting someone to sign their autograph. Holy shit. I said. Someone famous? How lucky am I!

I stopped and my mom walked into me. She adjusted her posh hat to its rightful position and eyed me inquisitively, and I pointed.

Her eyes widened and her pathetic taste for finer things shined through. She mumbled something to my father who nodded and pulled out his handkerchief, dabbing his sweaty forehead and sitting down.

She smiled brightly and said, "Lets go see who it is!"

We crossed the street and stood in the back of the crowd, craning our necks to see who the celebrity was. Suddenly through a gap in the dense mob, I saw his face.

It was vaguely familiar and it made my hurt flutter. His eyes were green, his jawline sharp and strong. His brown hair flopped lazily over his head. He was smiling, and I felt myself copy the gesture.

My mother sighed in disgust and went to leave, while I made my way through the crowd. People were kind and let me through, though that could have simply been me shoving them. I stared at him and we locked eyes.

I got in speaking distance and said, "What's your name?"

He looked a bit taken aback before responding, "Aidan." His voice was smooth and warm. A fan screamed something incoherent and the crowd erupted in shrieks. I widened my eyes and looked at the fangirls, but he just looked at me and laughed. He shook his head slightly and said, "Want an autograph?"

"Oh, I don't have a paper-"

"I got it." He said, pulling out a post-it. He scribbled something down and folded it into fours.

"Cecelia!" Shouted my mother. I looked back.

"Go, Cecelia." Aidan said giving me a sly smile. "You're needed elsewhere."

Before I could respond he moved on, signing a tall girls phone case who squeaked when his hand brushed hers. I tucked the post it into my pocket discretely and stared at Aidan.

My mother grabbed my hand and yanked me forward, pulling me out of my trance. I snapped to attention and walked, matching my mothers brisk pace.

My father was still panting when we met him at the bench. "Who was it?"

My Mother said, "No one." I couldn't disagree, because I didn't really know him either. But I knew I wanted to.

I walked the final few blocks in a daze, buzzing over my quick encounter. His dazzling face and goofy personality were all I knew about him so far.

And his name. Aidan.

After a few more steps my mother guided me into the glamorous hotel, the decor taking my breath away. The walls were high and lined with mirrors. A textured golden ceiling was home to a few Chrystal chandeliers.

I took a step back beaming. "This." I stated dramatically. "Is. Everything!"

My mother grinned and nodded. My father began checking in while I looked around. My suitcase rolled smoothly along the marble floor, a stark contrast to the rough concrete.

"Ready?" Said my father, waving a room key. I nodded and we took the elevator to the 8th floor.

We had asked for two adjoining rooms, so I had my own. I began to unpack and locked my door, examining the amenities.

I flopped onto the bed and pulled out my phone. I opened google and searched Aidan, hoping to identify my mysterious man.

All the men were too old, so I tried Aidan young celebrity. I scrolled and found nothing, but an image caught my eye. It was Aidan with a red haired girl looking a year or two younger. My heart sunk. Was he taken?

Aidan Gallagher was his name, so I did more research.

To my excitement he was single. He was also stunningly hot. With a start I remembered the note he had written me, and I jumped to find my coat and franticly searched the pockets. There! My hand brushed the corner of the post-it and I pulled it out eagerly.

I sat back down on my bed and carefully pried open the note. It read:

Here's my personal cell) 321654987
Don't be a stranger

Followed by a signature. My heart skipped a beat and I let out and audible squeak of excitement. My chest burned and I fell back into my pillows.

How lucky am I?