•What a Coincidence!•

I awakened to a loud knock on my door. My eyes opened lazily and I crawled out of bed, making sure to flatten out my hair.

I don't remember falling asleep, but it was light out when I drifted off and now the clock read 1:18. Who's knocking on my door at one in the morning?

I looked through the peephole and saw my mother, looking off-kilter and sleepy. I let her in quickly and flipped on the lights, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"What's up mom?" I yawned, sitting down on the bed. She sat down next to me and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. "Oh come on mom, really? How many glasses." She held up a solemn 4 fingers and I face palmed.

"I'm fine sweetie I just wanted to pop-" she hiccuped, "In and chat."

"Fine mom, what about?"

She looked at me and began to giggle. "What's so funny?" I asked defensively.

"I have a secret." She whispered. "A big one. And you can never tell it."

I cocked my head. "What do you mean? What secret?"

"A big one..." she said ominously.

Her drunken mumbling was clearly not to be taken seriously, but despite that a felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. "What is it?"

She leaned in close and opened her mouth. I waited in anticipation, and she said, "It's... we..." before erupting in giggles. "I can't tell you!"

I sighed in exasperation and shoved her off my bed. "Then let me sleep!"

She looked and me and said, "I just wanted a chat." Before walking out the door. I tried to drift off to sleep, but my mind was awake. I decided to text Aidan, just to see if it would work.

My heart was thumping in my chest as I typed in his phone number to my contacts. Aidan Gallagher. I opened messages and tried to think of what to say.

After a few tries I finally decided on a simple, "Hey, remember me?"

I hit send with a shaking hand and refreshed the app. Shit. I remembered it was 1:30, and texting him now was ridiculous. He's gonna think I'm a creep.

My phone vibrated and I opened the message. It simply read, "No?"

My heart sunk as I realized he didn't remember me. I decided to give it one last try. "I'm Cecelia. We met at that weird meet and greet thing?"

I hit send with a finality that signified the end of my short term relationship with a celebrity. I saw he read it, and he was typing. My head spun as he said, "Oh yeah! Can't sleep? ;)"

I fell backwards into my comforter clutching my phone, a smile burned onto my face.

I awoke again to frantic knocking. I rolled out of bed and opened the door to my urgent mother, showing no signs of the encounter last night.

"We are leaving in ten minutes so get yourself ready!" She yelled. I slammed the door closed and jumped into action. I slipped on a white turtleneck and a pale pink knit sweater, then threw on some light wash jeans. I quickly brushed my short hair and put on mascara and lip gloss before rushing into the hallway.

My mother was wearing a skintight dress and her mink coat... I couldn't help but say, "Are we going to a gala I didn't know about?"

She shot me a stern look before saying confidently, "I just like to feel fancy."

Once my dad emerged from his room, we took off. We caught a cab and rode it to the theatre we were seeing Book Of Mormon in. I glanced at my watch to see we had thirty minutes until the matinee we had tickets for began.